Jacksonville Personal Injury Lawyers
You may be entitled to compensation if you’ve suffered injuries in a Jacksonville, FL, accident. However, insurance companies and at-fault parties will work hard to limit your financial recovery. Our Jacksonville personal injury lawyers are dedicated to helping those who need it most get the compensation they deserve. Since 1979, we’ve recovered over $1 billion for deserving clients and will fight just as hard for you.
If you’re struggling with debilitating physical injuries and burdensome medical costs because you were involved in an accident in Jacksonville, Farah & Farah can help. You may have the right to file a legal claim for damages to cover the costs of your medical treatment, offset lost income, and compensate for your pain and suffering. Our experienced Jacksonville personal injury attorneys are ready to help you fight to maximize your recovery.
Since 1979, the legal team at Farah & Farah has been fighting to protect accident victims and families in Jacksonville after accidents have changed their lives forever. Our award-winning trial attorneys help clients achieve top results in cases involving car accidents, truck accidents, wrongful death, medical malpractice, slip and fall accidents, SSDI, and other personal injury matters.
Call our Jacksonville, FL, law office at (904) 549-6434 to learn more about your legal options and how we may be able to help. We provide a free initial case evaluation, so contact us today.
Why You Should Choose Farah & Farah After an Accident in Jacksonville, FL
Hiring an attorney is one of the smartest things you can do after you or a family member suffers injuries in a Jacksonville accident.
When you hire a lawyer, you:
- Increase the odds of winning and recovering a more substantial monetary award.
- Show the defendants and their insurers that you’re serious about winning your case and force them to consider your demand in good faith.
- Benefit from the law firm’s network of resources and experts.
- Ensure that the insurance company can’t rush you into accepting a lowball settlement or walking away with less money than you deserve.
- Allow yourself to focus on your recovery without the added stress of litigation.
However, it’s not just about hiring any personal injury attorney in Jacksonville. It’s important to work with an experienced lawyer you can trust who has a demonstrated ability to win tough cases like yours.
At Farah & Farah, we prioritize a client-centric, team-oriented approach centered around a collaborative family atmosphere. We’ll work hard to fight for your best interests if you’ve been hurt in a Jacksonville accident.
Farah & Farah has award-winning attorneys with deep roots in Jacksonville who care passionately about the community and pursuing justice for its residents. Consider the following reasons for choosing us to fight for you:
- Our law firm has been fighting to protect the rights of accident victims and families in Jacksonville since 1979.
- Jacksonville is our home, and we are dedicated to giving back to our community through volunteer hours, donations, and partnerships with local companies.
- We’ve recovered more than $1 billion in verdicts and settlements for our clients, including multiple million and multi-million-dollar results.
- Our highly respected attorneys have been recognized as Top 100 Trial Lawyers and voted Best Lawyer in Jacksonville by Folio Weekly.
- Satisfied clients regularly have given us glowing testimonials and reviews.
- There’s absolutely no cost to hire our Jacksonville personal injury law firm unless we win your case.
Our legal team includes attorneys who have spent time as defense counsel, public defenders, and insurance defense attorneys, which gives us a well-rounded and comprehensive understanding of the law. Our unique insight and resources help us take dynamic approaches to litigation and secure the best results for our clients time and time again.
Experience makes all the difference. Put ours to work for you, and contact us for your free consultation today.
Our Jacksonville Personal Injury Practice Areas
At Farah & Farah, personal injury law is our main focus.
We advocate for clients in all types of personal injury matters, including:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Boating accidents
- Construction accidents
- Workers’ compensation
- Social Security Disability
- Nursing home abuse
- Medical malpractice
- Slip and fall accidents
- Product liability
- Wrongful death
If you’ve suffered debilitating injuries or experienced the tragic death of a family member because someone else was negligent, reckless, or careless, call us for help. We have the experience and resources to pursue the financial accountability you deserve.
How Can a Personal Injury Lawyer in Jacksonville Help me Win my Case?
Even if it’s clear that you’re in the right and that you’re entitled to compensation, personal injury claims can be complicated. When you hire Farah & Farah, our personal injury attorneys in Florida will take the burden of litigation off your shoulders and handle every aspect of your case for you.
Our team of knowledgeable and skilled attorneys will provide comprehensive representation for every aspect of your case by doing the following:
- Coordinating and overseeing a thorough independent investigation into your accident.
- Determining why the accident happened, whether it was avoidable, and who is liable.
- Analyzing medical records, police reports, photographs of property damage and physical injuries, video recordings, witness statements, and other relevant evidence.
- Providing comprehensive answers to your most pressing questions throughout the claims process.
- Anticipating efforts to shift blame and limit your ability to recover compensation.
- Representing you during all dealings and settlement negotiations with the insurance company and other parties.
- Helping you make tough decisions – like whether to accept a settlement or file a lawsuit and bring your case to a Duval County jury.
We’re accomplished litigators who have collectively handled thousands of jury trials. While our goal will be to secure a top-dollar settlement early in the process, we’ll never sacrifice the quality of our legal representation just to make a quick deal. We will always reject unreasonable offers and advocate for you at trial.
What Is My Jacksonville Personal Injury Case Worth?
In Florida, plaintiffs in personal injury cases can seek compensation for financial losses, known as economic damages, and related emotional suffering and trauma, known as non-economic damages.
The compensation you receive can include money for the following:
- Current medical bills (limited to amounts actually paid)
- The costs of reasonably necessary future medical treatment
- Lost wages
- Nursing care
- Property damage
- Funeral expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Reduced quality of life
- Emotional distress
There’s no standard value for personal injury claims in Jacksonville. It makes sense – every victim’s story is unique. As a result, certain factors specific to each case will drive valuation.
- What types of injuries have you sustained?
- Are your injuries permanent, and will they cause a disability?
- How has your earning capacity changed since your injury?
- Do you share responsibility for your accident and injuries?
- What insurance benefits are available, and what are the policy limits?
- How severe is the pain and suffering you’ve experienced?
Economic damages are typically limited to verifiable expenses and reasonably calculable future losses. On the other hand, non-economic damages are more subjective. As a result, they can be highly contested during litigation. Hiring a skilled personal injury lawyer in Jacksonville can ensure your claim is valued properly and that you receive a result that accurately represents what your injury case is worth.
At Farah & Farah, we’ve led clients to life-changing financial recoveries, including:
- $5 million settlement for a brain injury victim in a medical malpractice action
- $3.4 million verdict for a truck accident victim
- $3.3 million verdict for a client in a maritime injury case
- $2.5 million verdict for a woman who sustained severe neck injuries in a car accident
- $1.3 million workers’ compensation recovery
- $1.2 million wrongful death recovery
When you trust us with your personal injury case, we’ll do everything possible to get you every cent you deserve.
Understanding Liability in Jacksonville Personal Injury Lawsuits
Most personal injury cases in Jacksonville are based on negligence. Negligence means that someone didn’t act reasonably with the level of care that someone with ordinary prudence would have exercised under the same circumstances, and, as a result, their conduct caused you to get hurt.
When you file a negligence action, you will have the burden of proving each of the following:
- The defendant owed you a duty of care.
- The defendant breached this duty of care, either through their actions or inaction.
- The defendant’s conduct was the direct and proximate cause of your injury.
- You have suffered damages—like medical expenses, lost wages, or emotional distress—as a result.
You’ll need persuasive facts and substantial evidence to win your case. Our personal injury lawyers in Jacksonville have decades of experience building successful negligence actions for clients like you. When we handle your claim, our team will work together, share resources, and combine strengths to carefully analyze every detail and uncover evidence that supports your claim.
How Does Shared Fault Impact My Florida Personal Injury Claim?
Under Florida state law, everyone who contributes to an accident shares responsibility for the resulting damages. This includes victims. If your negligence contributes to an accident, it will affect your ability to recover compensation.
Florida operates under a modified comparative fault system. If you are primarily at fault for your accident, a financial recovery from a third party is prohibited.
If you share less than 51 percent of the blame for your accident, your damages will be reduced. The reduction is proportionate to your role in the accident. If you’re 50 percent at fault, the amount you can recover for your losses will be cut in half.
Don’t let victim-blaming tactics hurt your chances of getting the compensation you deserve. When you enlist our help, we’ll fight back against these tactics and fight to limit how much, if any, fault is attributed to you.
What Does It Cost To Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer in Jacksonville?
You pay absolutely nothing out of pocket to hire our Jacksonville personal injury lawyers. We work on contingency. That means you only pay if we win your case.
When we win, our legal fees come out of your settlement or verdict, so there’s no added financial strain on you.
What’s the Deadline to File a Florida Personal Injury Lawsuit?
The statute of limitations for most personal injury lawsuits in Florida is two years. Therefore, you have two years from the date of an accident or a family member’s wrongful death to file your case.
If you don’t take prompt action and allow the deadline to pass, you’ll give up the right to get the compensation you deserve. We can help you understand the specific deadlines that apply in your case and help ensure you don’t miss them.
Call Our Trusted Jacksonville Personal Injury Lawyers For a Free Consultation
You don’t have to take on a powerful insurance company or intimidating corporation on your own after a life-changing accident in Jacksonville, Florida. Contact Farah & Farah and let our Jacksonville personal injury lawyers fight for you.
We’ve been protecting accident victims in Jacksonville for more than 44 years. We’re passionate about making a genuine difference in the lives of the clients we represent, and our results are a testament to that. We’ve won over $1 billion in financial awards for our clients. Now we’re ready to fight for you, too.
Call our Jacksonville, FL, law office at (904) 549-6434 to arrange a time for your free consultation to get started.
Our Trusted Team of Jacksonville Personal Injury Attorneys Are On Your Side
We’re ready to bring you the