Fort Myers Personal Injury Lawyers
You may be entitled to compensation if you’ve been hurt by another person’s negligence. Our Fort Myers personal injury attorneys can help you pursue maximum compensation for your medical costs, lost wages, and suffering. For over 40 years, our law firm has fought to protect the rights of accident victims and families in Fort Myers and throughout Southwest Florida. Our results speak volumes. Let us go to work for you.
Since 1979, Farah & Farah has been a top advocate for injury victims and grieving families in Fort Myers. We’re respected trial attorneys with a proven ability to win big for our clients in auto accidents, medical malpractice, premises liability, workers’ compensation, wrongful death, and other injury cases. Our unique approach prioritizes teamwork and our client’s needs, helping us win over $2 billion in damages.
If you’ve been injured due to another person’s carelessness, enlist the help of our award-winning Fort Myers personal injury lawyers. Call our law office at (239) 558-0750 and put our legal team in your corner. Your first consultation is free.
Why You Should Choose Farah & Farah After an Accident in Fort Myers, FL
By choosing Farah & Farah, you don’t just level the playing field. You set yourself up for the full and fair amount of compensation that you deserve. Here are some of the key reasons to work with us on your Fort Myers injury case:
- Our home-grown roots help to forge a deep connection with the local community and our clients.
- We’ve been fighting for injury victims like you since our founding in 1979.
- Our unique teamwork-focused approach allows us to leverage the members of our team with just the right experience, network, and background for your case.
- Our attorneys have been recognized as Top 100 Trial Lawyers by the National Trial Lawyers.
- We’re committed to giving back to the community through service and donations.
- The considerable benefits of working with our law firm are highlighted in hundreds of client reviews and testimonials.
- You pay absolutely nothing unless we win your case.
You’re more likely to win your case when you put an experienced Florida trial attorney at the helm. Let Team Farah go to work for you. Contact our law office in Fort Myers to get started today.
Our Fort Myers Personal Injury Practice Areas
At Farah & Farah, we’ve built a reputation for helping our clients achieve top results in personal injury cases involving:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Workers’ compensation
- Medical malpractice
- Social Security Disability
We represent clients in Fort Myers and throughout Southwest Florida, including Naples, Cape Coral, and Port Charlotte.
Take Time to Recover — We’ll Handle Your Personal Injury Case from Start to Finish
Personal injury cases can be challenging, especially if liability is unclear or the value is contested. Whether you’re up against an insurance company, a large corporation, a hospital, an employer, or another tough adversary, chances are they’ll have a lot of resources at their disposal.
It’s important to get help. When you choose Farah & Farah, our top-rated personal injury attorneys in Fort Myers will be ready to tackle every aspect of your case. Your fight for compensation will be backed by our substantial resources, in-depth knowledge of Florida personal injury law, and collaborative, group-driven processes designed to yield top results.
You can count on us to do the following, among other things:
- Investigate your personal injury case to determine the cause of your injury and pinpoint liability.
- Gather and analyze critical pieces of evidence.
- Track down and interview witnesses to your accident.
- Consult with experts and specialists to provide insight into your case.
- Anticipate strategies and tactics the defendant might employ to limit your financial payout.
- Utilize tried-and-true negotiation strategies to leverage a maximum settlement offer for you and your family.
We’ll protect your rights and help you make important case-related decisions. Is a settlement offer a good one? Our team will review the pros and cons and offer advice as you determine the best strategy for your case. If you’re lowballed, our accomplished trial attorneys will be ready to advocate for you in court.
Let us handle your fight for compensation, so you can focus your energy on recovering and finding a path forward.
What Types of Damages Can I Get in a Fort Myers Personal Injury Claim?
If you’ve been hurt in an accident in Fort Myers, Florida, you may be entitled to compensatory damages. Compensatory damages fall into two categories:
- Economic damages that offset the financial burdens and costs you experience.
- Non-economic damages that make up for the personal and hard-to-value trauma you’ve endured.
A successful claim can help you recover money for the following:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Reduced quality of life
- Loss of consortium or loss of the benefits of a family relationship
- Lost wages and income
- Property damage
- Current medical bills, limited to amounts paid
- Future medical expenses related to reasonably necessary treatment
- Funeral expenses
There’s also the potential for punitive damages at trial. Under Florida law, punitive damages can only be awarded by a jury or judge when there is clear and convincing evidence of intentional misconduct or gross negligence.
At Farah & Farah, we take a comprehensive and detailed approach to every case we handle. We rely on the input and expertise of our experienced team members to ensure our client’s cases are valued properly. We aim to get you a result that represents what your personal injury case is really worth.
Understanding Liability for Injuries and Wrongful Deaths in Fort Myers, Florida
When you suffer injuries or lose a close family member because of another person’s negligent or wrongful actions, you may reserve the right to file a civil legal claim for damages. While a personal injury claim can be based on several theories of liability, most are based on negligence.
You’ll have the burden of proving that another person’s carelessness caused you to get hurt. Specifically, you must establish the following:
- Another person owed you a duty of care, such as to obey local traffic laws.
- That person breached their duty of care through some unreasonable or unlawful action, such as speeding.
- You’ve suffered injuries as a direct and proximate cause of their actions. For instance, if the other driver struck your car at a Fort Myers intersection because they were speeding.
You can win your personal injury claim if you prove these elements and show that you’ve suffered damages. You’ll need to have facts on your side and evidence to back up your case.
Depending on your case, helpful evidence might include the following:
- Medical records
- Accident reports
- Vehicle maintenance records
- Hiring records
- Toxicology reports
- Expert testimony
- Witness testimony
- Video recordings
- Damage to physical property
Ultimately, anyone who contributes to an accident in Fort Myers can be liable for resulting damages. This includes accident victims.
When you share fault for an accident in Florida, it will affect your ability to recover compensation. Under Florida’s modified comparative negligence system:
- You cannot recover compensation if you are more than 50 percent at fault for an accident.
- You can recover a limited monetary award if you are 50 percent or less at fault for an accident.
Damages are reduced in direct proportion to fault. Sharing 10 percent of the blame for an accident in Fort Myers will cause a 10 percent reduction in compensation for damages.
Whether or not you contributed to an accident, working with an experienced injury attorney is important. Insurance companies and liable parties may try to shift the blame to you, thereby limiting their own liability for your injuries. Farah & Farah knows these tactics and understands the best approaches to minimize their effectiveness.
What’s the Statute of Limitations for Florida Personal Injury Cases?
Florida has a two-year statute of limitations for most personal injury lawsuits. This gives you a maximum of two years from the date of your accident or loved one’s wrongful death to take legal action.
You will lose the opportunity to recover compensation if you let the deadline expire.
Fort Myers Personal Injury FAQs
Getting into an accident or suffering the unexpected death of a loved one can be overwhelming. You might be confused about what steps to take or have questions about the process ahead of you. Fortunately, our Fort Myers personal injury attorneys have the answers you need.
How Much Is My Personal Injury Case Worth?
Despite what you might have heard, there is no average settlement or standard payout for personal injury cases.
Ultimately, the facts specific to your case will determine how much your case is worth. Some of the questions to consider when valuing your case include:
- What types of injuries have you suffered?
- Did you get hurt while working in Fort Myers?
- What types of insurance benefits are available?
- How was your earning capacity changed?
- Did your accident aggravate any pre-existing medical conditions?
- Did your negligence contribute to the accident?
- How have you been affected psychologically and emotionally?
You can strengthen your legal claim by working with an experienced personal injury attorney in Fort Myers. Farah & Farah has recovered millions for clients like you, totaling more than $2 billion since our founding. Let us help you fight for every cent your case is worth.
What Does It Cost To Hire a Personal Injury Attorney in Fort Myers?
There is no out-of-pocket cost to hire an injury lawyer from Farah & Farah. In fact, you pay nothing unless we win your case.
Our team appreciates the cost and burden of an accident. So, we’re here to take on the litigation risks and advocate for you on a contingency basis. That means we only get paid when we win your case. This removes the stress of asking for help and puts skilled legal advocates in your corner at no risk.
Why Should I Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer?
It’s simple. Here are some key reasons for hiring a personal injury lawyer to represent you:
- You need and deserve time to recover.
- You’re more likely to win and secure a more substantial payout.
- Insurance companies are forced to consider your claim in good faith.
- You won’t have to worry about receiving lowball settlement offers.
- The insurer will have experts working for them—and so will you.
Ultimately, you have one shot at recovering compensation for your injuries. When you hire a lawyer, you put an experienced legal advocate on your side.
Call Our Trusted Fort Myers Personal Injury Lawyers for Help Today
If you have been hurt in an accident due to the carelessness of another person, call Farah & Farah at (239) 558-0750 for your free consultation. Our Fort Myers personal injury lawyers are here to fight for your right to fair compensation.
You & Your Family Since 1979