Jacksonville Car Accident Lawyer
Traffic congestion and an alarming number of distracted, impaired, and speeding drivers in Jacksonville have caused a high accident rate. We’ve been protecting you and your family since 1979. Call us now at (904) 549-6434 to learn how Farah & Farah can help you and your family get the compensation you deserve.
If you’ve been injured in a car accident in Jacksonville, you’re not alone. An estimated 15,992 people were injured in car accidents in Duval County in 2022, and 158 died. Most car accidents in Jacksonville could be prevented if all drivers exercised reasonable care.
Our award-winning Jacksonville car accident lawyers have been holding careless drivers accountable for more than 40 years, and we know what it takes to make resistant insurance companies pay fair and reasonable compensation. If you’ve been injured in a Jacksonville car accident, contact us today for a free case review.
Why Hire Farah & Farah After a Car Accident in Jacksonville, Florida?
We’ve won over $1 billion in compensation for our clients, and our results are no accident. Our personal injury attorneys in Jacksonville get results through caring, understanding, and hard work, and our experience makes all the difference. Contact us today for a free case review.
What Our Jacksonville Clients Say About Our Car Accident Lawyers
We understand how devastating car accident injuries can be, and that’s why we go out of our way to treat every client with honesty, dignity, and respect. Our Jacksonville car accident attorneys fight for our clients as a team and make every client feel like family. Below are a few examples of the feedback we regularly receive from our Jacksonville clients:
Our Skilled Jacksonville Car Accident Lawyers Consistently Get the Results Our Clients Deserve
Challenging Cases With Successful Results
We aren’t afraid to take on the hard cases because our experience has taught us what it takes to prove a case and successfully stand up to insurance companies that don’t want to pay.
Attorney Ryan Jaghab recently won an outstanding result in a successful car accident case when the odds were stacked against our 54-year-old client with severe back and neck injuries after being rear-ended by a negligent driver. The insurance company claimed her injuries were preexisting from a previous accident and adamantly refused to pay more than $3,000.
Our Jacksonville car accident law firm invested our financial resources into hiring top medical experts to prove our client’s injuries stemmed from this accident and that surgery was necessary. Thanks to Mr. Jaghab’s skill and persistence, our client received a $700,000 settlement.
We achieved a similar result for another Jacksonville client thanks to the prowess of the legal team led by attorney David Thompson. Our client had been severely injured in a side-swipe crash. His insurance company blamed our client’s injuries on a previous incident and refused to pay fair compensation. Our attorneys also had to overcome some serious mistakes made by a law firm the client had hired previously.
Our thorough investigative work enabled our attorneys to turn the tables on the insurance company and negotiate a $550,000 settlement for our client.
You Can Expect Our Talented Jacksonville Car Accident Lawyers to Work Just As Hard for You
Whether your case is large or small, straightforward or challenging, you can count on our attorneys to provide you with the same skillful and dedicated approach so you can receive the maximum compensation available. Our successful car accident case results include:
- $2.5 million verdict for a young woman who sustained neck injuries in a car accident and required pain management.
- $2.4 million verdict for a driver who was unable to return to work due to car accident injuries.
- $1.4 million for an Army veteran severely injured on I-95 after the insurance company wanted to pay just $60,000.
- $1.2 million for a master electrician who suffered a spinal cord injury in a rear-end car accident.
- $1.1 million for a client who sustained disabling neck and back injuries after a negligent driver failed to yield.
- $850,000 for a client who required neck surgery after she was T-boned by an inattentive driver.
- $496,000 for a client who suffered multiple leg fractures and abdominal bruising due to a severe car crash.
- $300,000 in a low-impact collision that resulted in our client needing neck surgery and pain management.
- $150,000 verdict for a Canadian woman who suffered neck and back injuries in a crash in Jacksonville while she was visiting.
If you’ve been injured in a car crash, call our team of caring and experienced car accident lawyers in Jacksonville today at (904) 549-6434, and let us put our experience to work for you.
We Have a Well-Rounded Team of Car Accident Attorneys in Jacksonville With Experience You Can Trust
Our car accident lawyers in Jacksonville are dedicated to helping injured car accident victims at their greatest time of need. We have a powerful mix of legal backgrounds that give us unique perspectives when handling car accident claims, and we work as a team to maximize your results.
Zachary Altenbach is a former defense attorney who has also worked in estate planning, at Jacksonville Area Legal Aid, and at a civil defense firm defending insurance companies. All of these experiences make him a well-rounded trial attorney who can successfully take on even the largest insurance companies.
Kristen Bohlman started her career with Jacksonville Area Legal Aid, and these early experiences shaped her into an empathetic, passionate, and accomplished attorney who does not give up until you receive the compensation you deserve.
Chris Johns has more than 30 years of experience helping thousands of car accident victims recover compensation, including multiple jury verdicts over $1 million. His consistent record of results has won him the Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Attorney rating, the highest rating an attorney can receive.
These are just a few examples of the strong qualities that define our outstanding team of experienced car accident lawyers in Jacksonville.
We Show How Much We Care Through Community Giving
We have hometown roots in Jacksonville, and as a client-centric law firm, we’re proud to do our part to improve the lives of the people in our community through community involvement.
As car accident attorneys in Jacksonville, we are very familiar with the devastating results of car wrecks. This is why we started the Safe Ride Home program in Jacksonville in 2015, which provides free Uber vouchers during the holidays when alcohol consumption is common and also during local events like the Food & Wine Festival.
We’ve given away over 8,000 rides so far. If we save just one life or spare one person from life-altering car accident injuries, the program is more than worth it to us.
We also support organizations that help people who are disabled, homeless, or otherwise living with disadvantages. These programs benefit veterans, people born with disabilities, and people who have become disabled in car accidents.
How Can Farah & Farah Help Me Win My Jacksonville Car Accident Case?
The insurance company won’t put you first. They may try to make the claims process as difficult as possible for you, working to limit or prevent a financial payout.
When you choose Farah & Farah, our experienced lawyers will take the burden off your shoulders and handle every aspect of your case for you.
Our skilled, knowledgeable, and compassionate attorneys will provide comprehensive representation, handling every aspect of your case, including:
- Provide guidance and support throughout the claims process.
- Handle all conversations with the insurance company and other defendants.
- Promptly investigate your car accident to determine causation, fault, and liability.
- Gather and analyze medical records, police reports, video footage, toxicology reports, forensic reports, witness statements, physical evidence from the scene, and other pertinent evidence.
- Utilize tried-and-true negotiation tactics to secure a top-dollar settlement offer.
- Reject unreasonably low offers and advocate for you at trial, if necessary.
You’ll have the time and opportunity to focus on recovering from your car accident injuries while we fight for compensation.
We Handle All Types of Car Accident Cases in Jacksonville, Florida
No matter what type of car accident you experience, our knowledgeable Jacksonville car accident lawyers can help. We’ve helped clients recover significant damages in nearly every type of car accident you can imagine, including:
- Rollovers: These dangerous car accidents cause serious injuries and a high risk of death. Nearly one-third of highway accident fatalities in the United States are caused by rollover accidents, even though rollovers account for just 3 percent of all accidents.
- Head-on collisions: These types of accidents are often caused by distracted drivers crossing the centerline of a road or driving the wrong way on a highway or one-way street.
- Rear-end collisions: Rear-end collisions are another type of crash commonly caused by distracted driving. These accidents can also be a result of driving too closely and speeding, especially in the traffic congestion that plagues many parts of Jacksonville.
- Hit-and-run accidents: Hit-and-run crashes are a significant problem in Jacksonville. In 2022 alone, there were 106,984 hit-and-run crashes in Florida, resulting in 23,291 injuries and 285 deaths. Recovering compensation requires the assistance of a steadfast attorney who can help you find the responsible driver and identify additional sources of compensation.
- Distracted driving accidents: Distracted driving is one of the most common causes of accidents in Jacksonville. There were 80 documented deaths from distracted driving in Duval County from 2018 to 2020, and distracted driving accidents are becoming increasingly common.
- Drunk driving accidents: Drunk driving led to 347 accidents in Duval County in 2022, resulting in 31 fatalities and 198 injuries. This is the highest number of drunk driving crashes in our county since 2018.
- Speed-related accidents: Speeding is one of the top causes of accidents in Jacksonville, which is not surprising. Anyone who has ever driven on I-95 or other busy roadways can attest that a large number of Jacksonville drivers are almost always in a hurry.
- Rideshare accidents: Uber and Lyft services reduced drunk driving incidents in Jacksonville when they first launched, but our rideshare accident lawyers have found that Uber and Lyft drivers are as prone to driving mistakes as other drivers, including distracted driving and speeding.
- Fatal car accidents: The number of fatal car accidents in Jacksonville in 2022 decreased to 158 in 2022 from 191 in 2021. Car accident fatalities are preventable tragedies that almost always occur because of carelessness.
If you or your loved one has been harmed in a car accident in Jacksonville or anywhere in Duval County, call our seasoned Jacksonville car accident attorneys today at (904) 549-6434.
What Is My Jacksonville Car Accident Injury Claim Worth?
The average comprehensive cost of a nonfatal car accident injury claim ranges between $120,000 and $1.016 million, depending on the extent of the victim’s injuries.
What’s clear is that no two cases are the same. There’s no standard settlement or jury award. Instead, specific facts and circumstances dictate what a case is worth.
- What types of injuries did you sustain in the crash?
- Are those injuries catastrophic?
- How has your earning capacity changed?
- What out-of-pocket costs have you realized?
- Do you share responsibility for your car accident?
- What are the psychological and emotional consequences of the accident?
The attorney you hire can also affect the amount you’re awarded for your car accident injuries. Our skilled car accident attorneys in Jacksonville have the experience, resources, and strength of will to go against large insurance companies and win.
What Types of Damages Are Available to Jacksonville Car Accident Victims?
When you file a Jacksonville insurance claim or seek compensation in a lawsuit, you can generally recover compensatory damages, and in some cases, you may also qualify for non-compensatory damages.
Compensatory damages can include money for your financial losses (known as economic damages) and crash-related pain and suffering (known as noneconomic damages). Potential damages include money for:
- Past and current medical bills
- Future medical expenses for reasonably necessary treatment
- Property damage
- Lost wages and job benefits
- Lost job opportunities
- Nursing assistance
- Funeral expenses
- Chronic physical pain
- Emotional distress
- Loss of consortium
- Reduced quality of life
A Florida law passed in March 2023 allows a defendant to request information about how much of your medical expenses were covered by insurance. This information, which was previously considered private, can also be revealed to a jury.
While juries are not required to deduct insurance payments from your award, opportunistic insurance company lawyers will likely try to persuade juries to do just that. They may also use this information to justify a lower settlement amount in negotiations. At Farah & Farah, we won’t let them get away with it.
This is why it is important to hire an experienced car accident law firm that is willing to fight for you to receive every penny you deserve. Insurance coverage does not reduce a negligent driver’s liability.
Our skilled Jacksonville car accident attorneys are successful trial lawyers who will hold the negligent driver accountable, so you receive your full case value. Call us now at (904) 549-6434 for a free case review.
Punitive damages are known as non-compensatory damages because, unlike other damages, they are not awarded to compensate an accident victim for their injuries. Punitive damages are to punish the defendant and deter others from similar conduct. These damages are only available when you have clear and convincing evidence of intentional misconduct or gross negligence.
These types of damages may be available if you were hit by a drunk driver or someone who was intentionally driving aggressively. You can count on our dedicated car accident lawyers in Jacksonville to look for grounds to pursue punitive damages as part of our commitment to pursue maximum compensation.
Wrongful Death Damages
Traffic fatalities in Duval County in 2022 decreased from 191 in 2021 to 158 in 2022, but as of September 7, 2023, there were already 121 fatal crashes since the start of the year, and if the trend continues, the number of fatal crashes in 2023 will reach approximately 177.
If your family member has been killed in a car accident, our Jacksonville car accident lawyers can help you and your family pursue wrongful death damages, which include the following economic and noneconomic damages:
- Your loved one’s pain and suffering.
- Your family member’s medical expenses.
- Income that your loved one would have earned to support your family.
- Your loved one’s funeral and burial expenses.
- Loss of comfort, guidance, support, love, affection, and similar losses.
Punitive damages may also be recoverable in a wrongful death claim.
Understanding Liability for Florida Car Accidents
Florida has several laws that can affect your car accident injury claim. Here’s what you need to know.
All Contributing Parties Can Be Liable for Crash-Related Damages
Anyone who contributes to your collision—directly or indirectly—can be financially responsible for your resulting injuries and trauma, including:
- Drivers of passenger vehicles
- Truck drivers
- Employers of negligent parties
- Property owners
- Vehicle manufacturers
- The city of Jacksonville
- Duval County government
- State or federal government
Government agencies may be liable when unsafe road conditions cause or contribute to your accident. Pursuing compensation from all liable parties can be important to ensure you maximize your recovery.
Florida Is a No-Fault Insurance State
Florida follows a no-fault insurance system, meaning you’ll be required to submit a claim to your own insurance company after an accident, regardless of who’s at fault for the wreck.
You can recover benefits through your Personal Injury Protection (PIP) coverage and any other coverage added to your policy. Typically, this can help cover your medical expenses, a percentage of your lost wages, and the costs of replacing or repairing damaged property. If your injuries are classified as severe, you reserve the right to seek additional compensation directly from liable parties.
What Happens if the Other Driver Doesn’t Have Insurance?
If you’re hit by an uninsured motorist in Duval County, our resourceful Jacksonville car accident lawyers can still help. We will start by filing your required no-fault coverage claim. If you’re severely injured, we will then file a claim against your uninsured motorist policy.
We will also look for additional insurance coverage, such as disability insurance through an employer and additional liable parties who caused or contributed to your accident.
Contributory Negligence Can Limit or Bar a Financial Recovery
Florida currently operates under a modified comparative negligence system. As a result, sharing most of the blame for a car accident will prevent you from being awarded compensation from a third party. If you share less than 51 percent fault, you can recover a fraction of your damages.
Financial awards are reduced in direct proportion to fault. If you’re found to be 15 percent to blame for a crash in Jacksonville, there will be a 15 percent reduction in your settlement or verdict.
It’s important to brace yourself—the insurance company will undoubtedly try to blame you for your accident. If they succeed and shift any liability in your direction, it will compromise your ability to recover much-needed compensation.
Our experienced Jacksonville car crash lawyers anticipate these tactics and will work to protect you at all costs. In addition to demanding hard proof to back up these claims, we’ll work to gather additional evidence that limits or neutralizes their impact.
How Long Do I Have to File a Car Accident Lawsuit in Florida?
Florida law provides a two-year statute of limitations for car accident injury claims.
So, you’ll have two years from the accident date or the date of a family member’s wrongful death to sue for compensation for related costs and suffering.
There are some exceptions—like cases involving children—but they are very limited. It’s important to take prompt action after your car accident. Once time runs out, you lose the right to get the compensation you deserve.
You can ensure that you don’t miss important deadlines in your case by calling us at (904) 549-6434 for help right after your Jacksonville car accident.
Jacksonville Can Be a Dangerous Place to Drive
A recent study by Clever Move found that Jacksonville, Florida, has the worst drivers in the country. According to the findings, the death rate on Jacksonville roadways is 66 percent higher than the national average, with 10.9 deaths per 100,000 people. Of the 50 cities studied, Jacksonville had the highest rate of alcohol-related deaths.
The statistics in the table below were compiled by the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles. These numbers show that alcohol-related deaths have increased while the total number of accidents has mostly remained steady. In 2020, total accidents decreased, likely due to the pandemic, yet the number of deaths was higher than in every other year besides 2021.
Where Do Accidents Happen in Jacksonville?
Rush hour traffic in Jacksonville typically includes a dangerous mix of congestion, distracted drivers, and speeding. According to Officer Almonte of the Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office, “A lot of people get complacent [while] driving. They forget that they have a 1000-, 2000-, 4000-pound machine and they need to be in charge of that.”
The most dangerous city street in Jacksonville is Blanding Boulevard. Four of the city’s most dangerous intersections are on this road. One local driver told News 4 Jax that he is not surprised because traffic on this road is “always so bad.”
The table below lists the most dangerous intersections in Jacksonville, as reported by News 4 Jax, based on 2020 data from the source linked above.
|Intersection||Number of Crashes|
|Blanding Boulevard and Youngerman Circle||116|
|Blanding Boulevard and Argyle Forest Boulevard||90|
|Blanding Boulevard and Collins Road||72|
|Atlantic Boulevard and Southside Road||69|
|103rd Street and Ricker Road||66|
|103rd Street and Blanding Boulevard||59|
|Beach Boulevard and Hodges Boulevard||56|
|Beach Boulevard and Southside Boulevard||55|
|Baymeadows Road and Southside Boulevard||54|
|Claire Lane and San Jose Boulevard||51|
Blanding Boulevard is also the most dangerous road in Clay County, south of Duval County. In fact, the most dangerous intersection in Clay County is just south of the Duval County line, and 127 accidents occurred at this intersection in 2020. That’s more than any Jacksonville intersection. Drivers have observed that cell phone use and inattention are common problems in these areas.
As if the congested streets and intersection of Jacksonville didn’t present enough dangers for drivers, Interstate 95 is a major thoroughfare in Jacksonville, and this dangerous interstate is consistently the site of fatal crashes throughout the city.
An analysis by First Coast News has revealed that the following sections of Interstate 95 are the most dangerous:
- Near Lem Turner Road: 58 crashes here in 2020 resulted in three deaths.
- Near Kings Road and Forest Street: Crashes here caused 33 injuries and two deaths.
- Near Emerson: This site has daily bumper-to-bumper traffic, and in 2020, a shocking 125 crashes occurred here resulting in 23 injuries.
According to the report, most crashes in these areas can be attributed to people speeding, failing to pay attention, and generally being in a hurry. Crashes are most common on weekdays. It is best to avoid these areas during rush hour if you can.
Car Accident FAQs
If you’ve been in an auto accident in Jacksonville, you probably have a ton of questions. Our car accident attorneys have the answers you need.
How Much Does a Car Accident Lawyer in Jacksonville, Florida, Charge?
It costs nothing out-of-pocket to hire a car accident attorney in Jacksonville. Your attorney will front case-related costs and assume the risks of litigation. You only pay if your attorney wins your case.
What Should I Do After a Car Accident in Florida?
Steps taken after a car accident can keep you safe and increase the odds of a successful legal claim for damages.
- Prioritize your physical health and well-being. Seek medical attention at a local hospital as soon as you can after your car accident.
- Always report your accident. You’ll want to make sure that an officer is dispatched to the scene and that they prepare a report documenting the crash.
- Refuse to accept responsibility for the wreck. Even saying you’re sorry could put a future financial recovery in jeopardy.
- Document property damage, physical injuries, and other evidence relevant to your case. Take pictures and record video footage if you can.
- Force the insurance company to deal with a trusted legal advocate by directing all conversations and negotiations to your personal injury attorney.
- Reach out to an attorney immediately. Before you talk directly to the insurance company, it’s important to consult with an attorney to ensure you protect your right to claim the full damages you deserve.
How Long Does It Take to Get a Settlement After a Car Accident?
It depends. A lot of different factors can impact the timeline of your car accident injury claim.
Is liability clear or contested? Have you reached maximum medical improvement? Are there disputes regarding damages or valuation? How willing are both parties to negotiate and reach a settlement?
You might be eager to settle your case right away. However, this can do more harm than good in the long run. Once you accept a settlement offer, you waive the right to future compensation. So, if you accept a deal for less than your case is worth, you’ll be out of luck when future costs arise.
Hiring an experienced trial attorney can help expedite the negotiation process and help get you a fair deal. The threat of litigation can be a great motivator, as most insurance companies will want to avoid a showdown with a successful attorney in court.
What Are the Most Common Car Accident Injuries?
While the type of accident you’re in can influence the types of injuries you’re likely to sustain, commonly reported car accident injuries include:
- Broken bones
- Chest injury
- Eye injury
- Cuts and lacerations
- Soft tissue damage
- Brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Wrongful death
Seek medical attention and reach out to a trusted Florida car accident lawyer near you in Jacksonville as soon as you can after your accident.
Call Our Jacksonville Car Accident Lawyers to Schedule a Free Consultation
You don’t have to struggle with the consequences of a Jacksonville car crash alone. Get our help to take on the insurance company. Contact our Jacksonville office today, and let our award-winning Jacksonville car accident lawyers fight to get you the best possible outcome.
Our diverse and experienced team of Florida trial lawyers is ready to help you stand up and get the compensation you deserve. To get started, give our law office in Jacksonville a call at (904) 549-6434 to set up a time for a free, no-obligation consultation. Experience makes all the difference. Put ours to work for you.
We’re ready to bring you the