Jacksonville Car Accident Lawyers
You may be entitled to compensation after a car accident in Jacksonville, Florida. Maximizing your recovery can be difficult when you’re fighting an insurance company. Our skilled car accident attorneys in Jacksonville have been helping those who need it most since 1979, and we’ll use our experience and resources to fight just as hard for you.
Are you struggling with debilitating injuries and sky-high costs because of a recent car accident in Jacksonville, Florida? Call Farah & Farah. You may be eligible for compensation from a negligent motorist, insurance company, or another liable party. Our experienced Jacksonville personal injury lawyers can help you fight to get everything you deserve after a crash.
Farah & Farah has been helping those who need it most since 1979. We’re award-winning Florida-based trial attorneys dedicated to putting our clients first. Since our founding, we’ve recovered over $1 billion in settlements and verdicts for clients like you with our client-centric approach.
Show the insurance company that you won’t walk away with less than your car accident claim is worth. Call our Jacksonville, FL, law office at (904) 549-6434 and enlist the help of our skilled and respected legal team. We offer a free initial case evaluation, so contact us to get started today.
Why Hire Farah & Farah After a Car Accident in Jacksonville, FL?
Statistically speaking, you’re more likely to win your car accident case—and recover a higher payout—when you hire an experienced personal injury attorney to represent you.
Your choice of attorney matters. A lot.
Here’s why you shouldn’t hesitate to call Farah & Farah for help:
- We’ve been leading advocates for Jacksonville-area crash victims since 1979.
- Our award-winning attorneys have been recognized as Top 100 Trial Lawyers and voted Best Lawyer in Jacksonville by Folio Weekly.
- As members of the Jacksonville community, we’re deeply committed to giving back to the community.
- Our team includes former insurance defense attorneys, which gives our clients a step up during litigation.
- You can’t beat our client satisfaction—and you don’t have to take our word for it. Our clients are our most vocal advocates.
- We’ve successfully recovered over $1 billion in settlements and jury awards, including multiple million and multi-million dollar results.
- We work on a contingency fee basis, so you pay nothing unless we win.
At Farah & Farah, we always say that you have one shot at recovering compensation after a life-changing accident. That’s why we are here to fight for you to ensure you get the compensation you need to recover after your car accident. We’ll put you first and use our team-oriented, collaborative approach to work to help you stand up to the insurance company and get fair value for your claim.
Contact our law office in Jacksonville to learn more about our top-rated litigators and discover the benefits of working with our law firm.
How Can Farah & Farah Help Me Win My Jacksonville Car Accident Case?
The insurance company won’t put you first. They may try to make the claims process as difficult as possible for you, working to limit or prevent a financial payout.
When you choose Farah & Farah, our experienced lawyers will take the burden off your shoulders and handle every aspect of your case for you.
Our skilled, knowledgeable, and compassionate attorneys will provide comprehensive representation, handling every aspect of your case, including:
- Provide guidance and support throughout the claims process.
- Handle all conversations with the insurance company and other defendants.
- Promptly investigate your car accident to determine causation, fault, and liability.
- Gather and analyze medical records, police reports, video footage, toxicology reports, forensic reports, witness statements, physical evidence from the scene, and other pertinent evidence.
- Utilize tried-and-true negotiation tactics to secure a top-dollar settlement offer.
- Reject unreasonably low offers and advocate for you at trial, if necessary.
You’ll have the time and opportunity to focus on recovering from your car accident injuries while we fight for compensation.
We Handle All Types of Car Accident Cases in Jacksonville, FL
At Farah & Farah, our experienced trial attorneys represent clients in cases involving:
- Head-on collisions
- Rear-end collisions
- Hit-and-run accidents
- Distracted driving accidents
- Drunk driving accidents
- Speed-related accidents
- Rideshare accidents involving Uber and Lyft vehicles
- Fatal car accidents
Benefit from our extensive knowledge of Florida car accident laws and proven ability to win tough cases like yours.
What Is My Jacksonville Car Accident Injury Claim Worth?
The average comprehensive cost of a non-fatal car accident injury claim ranges between $120,000 and $1.016 million, depending on the extent of the victim’s injuries.
What’s clear is that no two cases are the same. There’s no standard settlement or jury award. Instead, specific facts and circumstances dictate what a case is worth.
- What types of injuries did you sustain in the crash?
- Are those injuries catastrophic?
- How has your earning capacity changed?
- What out-of-pocket costs have you realized?
- Do you share responsibility for your car accident?
- What are the psychological and emotional consequences of the accident?
The attorney you hire can also affect the amount you’re awarded for your car accident injuries. Farah & Farah has helped crash victims recover life-changing awards in car accident cases.
Notable results include:
- $2.5 million verdict for a client who sustained neck injuries in a car accident
- $2.5 million recovery for a client whose car was struck by a pickup truck
- $2.4 million verdict for a client who couldn’t return to work because of his car accident injuries
- $1.2 million settlement for a client who sustained spinal cord injuries in a crash
- $1.1 million recovery for a retired Navy seaman injured in a rear-end collision
What Types of Damages Are Available to Jacksonville Car Accident Victims?
When you file a Jacksonville insurance claim or seek compensation in a lawsuit, you can generally recover compensatory damages.
This amount can include money for your financial losses (known as economic damages) and crash-related pain and suffering (known as non-economic damages).
Potential damages include money for:
- Past and current medical bills – limited to the amounts actually paid
- Future medical expenses for reasonably necessary treatment
- Property damage
- Lost wages and job benefits
- Lost job opportunities
- Nursing assistance
- Funeral expenses
- Chronic physical pain
- Emotional distress
- Loss of consortium
- Reduced quality of life
Our experienced car accident attorneys in Jacksonville, FL, will fight to ensure you get the maximum financial award possible. We’ll enlist experts and specialists who can provide critical insight into your case. With their help, we’ll dig deep to understand the full scope and impact of your accident and use that information to seek compensation for the full value of your case.
Understanding Liability for Florida Car Accidents
Florida has several laws that can affect your car accident injury claim. Here’s what you need to know.
All Contributing Parties Can Be Liable for Crash-Related Damages
Anyone who contributes to your collision—directly or indirectly—can be financially responsible for your resulting injuries and trauma, including:
- Drivers of passenger vehicles
- Truck drivers
- Employers of negligent parties
- Property owners
- Vehicle manufacturers
- Government agencies
Pursuing compensation from all liable parties can be important to ensure you maximize your recovery.
Florida Is a No-Fault Insurance State
Florida follows a no-fault insurance system, meaning you’ll be required to submit a claim to your own insurance company after an accident, regardless of who’s at fault for the wreck.
You can recover benefits through your Personal Injury Protection (PIP) coverage and any other coverage added to your policy. Typically, this can help cover your medical expenses, a percentage of your lost wages, and the costs of replacing or repairing damaged property. If your injuries are classified as severe, you reserve the right to seek additional compensation from liable parties directly.
What Happens if the Other Driver Doesn’t Have Insurance?
If you added Uninsured Motorist (UM) coverage to your car insurance policy, you can submit a claim to help offset the costs of your accident. You also reserve the right to sue the uninsured motorist directly and seek damages from other responsible parties.
Contributory Negligence Can Limit or Bar a Financial Recovery
Florida currently operates under a modified comparative negligence system. As a result, sharing most of the blame for a car accident will be an automatic bar to compensation from a third party. If you share less than 51 percent fault, you can recover a fraction of your damages.
Financial awards are reduced in direct proportion to fault. If you’re found to be 15 percent to blame for a crash in Jacksonville, there will be a 15 percent reduction in your settlement or verdict.
It’s important to brace yourself—the insurance company will undoubtedly try to blame you for your accident. If they succeed and shift any liability in your direction, it will compromise your ability to recover much-needed compensation.
Our experienced Jacksonville car crash lawyers anticipate these tactics and will work to protect you at all costs. In addition to demanding hard proof to back up these claims, we’ll work to gather additional evidence that limits or neutralizes their impact.
How Long Do I Have to File a Car Accident Lawsuit in Florida?
Florida law provides a two-year statute of limitations for car accident injury claims.
So, you’ll have two years from the accident date or the date of a family member’s wrongful death to sue for compensation for related costs and suffering.
There are some exceptions—like cases involving children—but they are very limited. It’s important to take prompt action after your car accident. Once time runs out, you lose the right to get the compensation you deserve.
You can ensure that you don’t miss important deadlines in your case by calling us at (904) 549-6434 for help right after your Jacksonville car accident.
What Are the Most Dangerous Roads and Intersections in Jacksonville, FL?
According to the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles, 24,356 traffic accidents were reported in Jacksonville and surrounding Duval County towns in 2022.
These motor vehicle accidents caused at least 15,990 injuries and 157 fatalities.
While these Jacksonville-area car accidents can happen anywhere, some roads and intersections are more dangerous than others. Below is a list of these dangerous Jacksonville intersections. Local residents will surely recognize many of these and may have their own stories about them. They include, among others:
- Blanding Blvd and Youngerman Cir
- Argyle Forest Blvd and Blanding Blvd
- Blanding Blvd and Collins Rd
- Ricker Rd and 103rd St
- Southside Blvd and Atlantic Ave
- New Kings Rd and Edgewood Ave
Knowing where most accidents happen can help to limit your chances of getting into a wreck. Exercise extra caution when moving through these dangerous Jacksonville intersections.
Call Our Jacksonville Car Accident Lawyers to Schedule a Free Consultation
You don’t have to struggle with the consequences of a Jacksonville car crash alone. Get our help to take on the insurance company. Call Farah & Farah, and let our award-winning Jacksonville car accident lawyers fight to get you the best possible outcome.
Our diverse and experienced team of Florida trial lawyers is ready to help you stand up and get the compensation you deserve. To get started, give our law office in Jacksonville a call at (904) 549-6434 to set up a time for a free, no-obligation consultation. Experience makes all the difference. Put ours to work for you.
Car Accident FAQs
If you’ve been in an auto accident in Jacksonville, you probably have a ton of questions. Our car accident attorneys have the answers you need.
How Much Does a Car Accident Lawyer in Jacksonville, FL Charge?
It costs nothing out-of-pocket to hire a car accident attorney in Jacksonville. Your attorney will front case-related costs and assume the risks of litigation. You only pay if your attorney wins your case.
What Should I Do After a Car Accident in Florida?
Steps taken after a car accident can keep you safe and increase the odds of a successful legal claim for damages.
- Prioritize your physical health and well-being. Seek medical attention at a local hospital in Jacksonville as soon as you can after your car accident.
- Always report your accident. You’ll want to make sure that an officer is dispatched to the scene and that they prepare a report documenting the crash.
- Refuse to accept responsibility for the wreck. Even saying you’re sorry could put a future financial recovery in jeopardy.
- Document property damage, physical injuries, and other evidence relevant to your case. Take pictures and record video footage if you can.
- Force the insurance company to deal with a trusted legal advocate by directing all conversations and negotiations to your personal injury attorney.
How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement After a Car Accident?
It depends. A lot of different factors can impact the timeline of your car accident injury claim.
Is liability clear or contested? Have you reached maximum medical improvement? Are there disputes regarding damages or valuation? How willing are both parties to negotiate and reach a settlement?
You might be eager to settle your case right away. However, this can do more harm than good in the long run. Once you accept a settlement offer, you waive the right to future compensation. So, if you accept a deal for less than your case is worth, you’ll be out of luck when future costs come up in the future.
Hiring an experienced trial attorney can help to expedite the negotiation process and get you a fair deal. The threat of litigation can be a great motivator, as most insurance companies will want to avoid a showdown with a successful attorney in court.
What Are The Most Common Car Accident Injuries?
While the type of accident you’re in can influence the types of injuries you’re likely to sustain, commonly reported car accident injuries include:
- Broken bones
- Chest injury
- Eye injury
- Cuts and lacerations
- Soft tissue damage
- Brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Wrongful death
Seek medical attention and reach out to a trusted Florida car accident lawyer near you in Jacksonville as soon as you can after your accident.
We’re ready to bring you the