Attorney Jacksonville, FL
Laurence Huttman was born in Philadelphia Pennsylvania. Larry attended Northwestern University in Evanston, Illinois where he received his BA in Political Science with a minor in business institutions in 1993. While in college, Larry held many positions in his fraternity, Lambda Chi Alpha, including President. He also served on the Intrafraternity Council. Larry was an intern in Washington, D.C. for a U.S. Congressman and assisted with state and national campaigns while in college. Following college, Larry attended the University of Miami School of Law where he graduated cum laude in 1996, served on the Sports and Entertainment Law Review, and was President of a prominent Legal Fraternity.
Larry has a strong work ethic, always working throughout high school, college and law school. Larry enjoys trial work and “thinking like a lawyer.” He strives to attend to his clients' needs with integrity, tough advocacy, optimistic reflection, and excellence. Larry has handled many different kinds of cases throughout the State of Florida since 1996; initially on the side of the defense; however, Larry particularly enjoys helping victims who have suffered injuries, especially catastrophic injuries, or who have lost a loved one as a result of the negligence of others, including through medical malpractice.
About Laurence Huttman
Being a personal injury lawyer is a calling for Larry as he feels fulfilled finding answers for people and helping them to seek justice for wrongs done to them. Over the course of Larry’s career, Larry has handled unique high-value cases involving injuries to people, including automobile accidents, premises liability, inadequate security, civil rights, employment, cemeteries, medical malpractice, products liability, and wrongful death.
In 2006, Larry participated as lead trial counsel in a medical negligence case on behalf of a client who suffered catastrophic brain damage where the Jury returned a Verdict in excess of $6.3 million. What was most pleasing about this case was the way the jurors hugged Larry’s client at the conclusion of this hard-fought ten-day legal battle.
When he is not working, Larry enjoys spending time with his wife and two children, participating in youth sports and family and faith-driven activities. Having previously spent several years with two prominent South Florida law firms, Larry is absolutely thrilled to be practicing here in Jacksonville where he commenced his career, once again.
- Baker v. Lawnwood Regional Medical Center et. al., Circuit Court of St. Lucie County, Florida (2006). Complex medical malpractice emergency room claim on behalf of a catastrophically injured client who suffered a traumatic brain injury as a result of an alleged delayed diagnosis. Tried to $6.3 million Verdict against the hospital. Confidential settlements with the physician, her employer, and hospital post-trial.
- Kendrick v. Restlawn Memorial Cemetery, et. al, Circuit Court of Duval County, Florida (2004). Cemetery practices claim for tortious interference with a dead body. Confidential settlement first day of trial.
- Fields v. Kirton, et. al, Circuit Court of Okeechobee County, Florida (2010). Wrongful death claim on behalf of the surviving mother of a 14-year-old child involved in an ATV accident against the owners and operators of a race track. Successful Appeals in the Fourth District Court of Appeal and Florida Supreme Court concerning releases involving minors. Ultimately led to 2010 passage of statute concerning the issue. Confidential Settlement.
- Scoleri v. New Horizons of the Treasure Coast, Inc. et. al., Circuit Court of St. Lucie County, Florida (2008). Wrongful death claim on behalf of the three surviving children of Marchman Act patient who eloped dual detoxification and mental health stabilization facility and was killed after being involuntarily placed there by an emergency room physician. Confidential settlement.
- Stone v. Bromstrup et. al., Circuit Court of Martin County, Florida (2010). Wrongful death drunk driving case against a minor, parents of another minor who served alcohol during an open house party, and the liquor store that sold alcohol to minors including separate suit concerning the claim of the liquor store against its own insurer for failure to procure liquor liability coverage. Second chaired trial of Open House party claim. Confidential settlements.
- Hulett v. Lawnwood Regional Medical Center, et. al, Circuit Court of St. Lucie County Florida (2005). Complex wrongful death medical malpractice claim against hospital and radiologist on behalf of the six surviving minor children of a patient who suffered a traumatic brain injury and death as a result of an alleged failure to properly read a diagnostic test, leading to the premature discharge of an unstable patient from the hospital. Confidential Settlement.
- Colon v. Women’s Health Specialists, et. al., Circuit Court of St. Lucie County, Florida (2009). Stillborn baby medical malpractice claim on behalf of the parents as a result of an alleged failure to timely deliver an expectant mother’s baby against the instructions of the patient’s perionatolgist. Confidential Settlement.
- Brown v. United States., United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida (2003). Federal Torts Claim Act medical malpractice wrongful death case against a VA Medical Center for perforation of superior vena cava causing the patient to bleed to death during a routine medical procedure. Bench trial and Verdict.
- Cummings v. Anonymous (2012). $435,000.00 settlement of an automobile accident involving injuries including a trimalleolar fracture and closed head injury.
- Mourad v. State Farm (2012). $300,000.00 partial wrongful death uninsured motorist settlement. Coverage dispute litigation and additional claims subject to confidential settlement.
- Bayha v. Descineros (2015). Confidential settlement. The passenger on a motorcycle recovered a confidential sum from the at-fault driver. The 96-year-old driver collided with the motorcycle and the passenger/client was ejected and suffered multiple fractures, surgeries, and extensive medical care. The driver alleged that the motorcycle operator was negligent.
- Thomas v. Campoli Geico Insurance (2014). Competitive Cyclist recovered $50,000.00 from the driver of an automobile and recovered $275,000.00 from his own automobile insurer after suffering injuries including a pulmonary embolism.
- Ramirez v. Anonymous (2014). Confidential settlement against uninsured dairy farm owner, his insurer, his insurance agent and a company that maintained farm equipment when he suffered an above knee amputation as a result of falling into the piece of equipment while it was running.
- Wheeler v. at-fault driver and State Farm Insurance (2014). Motorcyclist recovered from the driver of an automobile and from his own automobile insurer $259,000.00 after suffering injuries including a fractured leg.
- The Estate of Jane Doe v. Anonymous (2013) Wrongful death medical malpractice claim on behalf of the surviving spouse of a patient who was not appropriately monitored during a routine medical procedure. Confidential settlement.
- Jane Doe v.Anonymous (2014) and Jane Doe v. Anonymous. Confidential settlements of the claims of two drivers of separate vehicle involved in the same high-impact collision with a semi-truck.
- Duarte v. BAYTOWNE WHARF NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION, INC., GATEWAY AT BAYTOWNE WHARF CONDOMINIUM ASSOCIATION, INC., a SANDESTIN INVESTMENTS, LLC and SANDESTINMANAGEMENT COMPANY, LLC (2015). $545,000.00 recovery from multiple parties very early in the litigation process as a result of a heavy door hitting the client while she was walking through an underground parking garage having entered through a service entrance that lacked appropriate access control and warnings at a resort location resulting in serious shoulder and neck injuries and surgeries.
- John Doe v. Anonymous (2014). Complex wrongful death medical malpractice claim against a facility and its providers as well as non-medical security personnel on behalf of the surviving spouse of a suicidal patient who was not appropriately monitored and committed suicide while under a Baker Act and while he was supposed to be visually monitored. Confidential Settlement.
- Hall v. Figueredo Services Inc. (2013) $274,900.00 settlement of the claims of a gentleman involved in a collision with a dump-truck who underwent neck surgery.
- Howard v. Crawford(2015) $225,000.00 settlement of the claims of a woman involved in a collision with a Range Rover who underwent neck surgery.
- Lincey v. USAA (2015) $200,000.00 tender of Uninsured motorist policy limits by insurer following a severe accident as a pedestrian while attempting to change a tire roadside.
- Black v. Limes Billiards (2015) $250,000.00 settlement in an assault outside a Billiard’s club by club bouncers.
- John Doe, a minor v. Anonymous (2015) Medical malpractice claim on behalf of guardian of a minor child. Confidential settlement.
- Jane Doe v. Anonymous (2015) Complex Reflex sympathetic dystrophy confidential settlement in a fall down case resulting from a defective stairwell.
- Smith, a minor v. Miller and USAA (2015) $400.000.00 settlement of a minor’s claim against the at-fault driver, his employer and the minor parents’ underinsured motorist carrier stemming from a significant rear-end collision involving surgery.
- Rochester v. Wall Timber (2015) $295.000.00 settlement of a garbage truck driver’s claim against at-fault driver and his employer stemming from a significant, violent rear-end collision involving surgery, caught on video from inside the cab of the truck driven by my client.
- Johnson v. Anonymous (2015) Confidential settlement of a truck driver’s claim against a driver and his employer stemming from a collision involving surgery.
- Hull v. Anonymous (2015) Confidential settlement of a truck driver’s claim against the company that negligently packed a trailer he was hauling when goods fell on driver involving surgery.
- John Doe v. Anonymous (2015) Confidential settlement of a resident’s claim against a group home for developmentally disabled as a result of negligent supervision.
- PR of the Estate of John Doe v. Anonymous (2016) Confidential settlement of wrongful death malpractice claim on behalf of six surviving minor children as a result of preventable death in behavioral health unit of a local hospital.
- John Doe v. Anonymous(2016) Confidential settlement of a resident’s claim against a group home for developmentally disabled as a result of negligent supervision and life-threatening injuries sustained during preventable elopement.
- Nicoliccia v. Anonymous (2016) Confidential six-figure settlements on behalf of husband and wife for significant spinal injuries sustained by each of them in the automobile accident.
- Carole and Terry Berry v. USAA et. Al. (2016) Resolution of husband and wife’s bodily injury and underinsured motorists claims for over $300,000.00 combined.
- The Estate of Donley v. Simmons (2016) Settlement. The Estate of the decedent motorcycle rider recovered funds in excess of the limits of liability insurance including a personal contribution from the at-fault driver.
- Hudson v. Chinchilla (2016) $270,000.00 settlement of a passenger’s claim against a commercial vehicle owner and driver stemming from a collision involving surgery to revise a preexisting lumbar surgery.
- Canlas v. Nationwide(2016) $220,000.00 settlement of an uninsured motorists’ claim following cervical surgery on the preexisting injury.
- Freeman (2017) $125,000.00 settlement of a passenger’s claim against a vehicle owner and driver stemming from a collision involving cervical surgery.
- Towns (2017) $160,000.00 settlement of a claim against a vehicle owner and its driver stemming from a collision involving cervical surgery.
- Cutrer (2017) $120,000.00 settlements for mother and infant injured as passengers in a vehicle hit by a vehicle driven on the opposite side of the road.
- The Estate of Jane Doe v. Anonymous (2017) confidential settlement of a claim for the children of the passenger on a motorcycle against the owner and operator of the vehicle that hit the motorcycle causing passenger’s death.
- Woodward v. Anonymous (2017) confidential settlement of failure to diagnose cancer case.
- The Estate of Pitts v. Manor Care (2017) Tender of policy limits for violation of resident’s rights on behalf of the Estate of a resident who was not properly supervised and fell suffering severe injuries and death.
- Myers v. Roosevelt Gardens (2017) Settlement of the claims of the victim of a shooting at an apartment complex as a result of inadequate security.
- Fitzpatrick v. Anonymous (2017) Resolution of hard-fought medical malpractice case immediately preceding trial due to allegations of improper surgical approach by a surgeon.
- Woodward v. Anonymous (2017) Resolution of medical malpractice case without protracted litigation due to delayed diagnosis of cancer as a result of radiology error.
- Laurie (2017) $130,000.00 settlement of the claims of a man involved in a collision with an SUV who was recommended for neck surgery.
- Lee (2017) $100,000.00 policy limits settlement of the claim of a woman involved in a collision with a drunk driver who underwent knee surgery.
- Santiago (2017) $120,000.00 settlement of the claims of a man involved in a collision with a commercial vehicle who underwent shoulder surgery.
- Nipper (2017) $225,000.00 settlement of the claims of a man involved in a collision with an SUV who underwent ankle surgery and had pain management for his back.
- Handy (2017) $139,000 settlement of the uninsured motorist claim of a man involved in a collision who underwent pain management for his back and neck.
- Purves (2017) $100,000.00 policy limit settlement of the claims of a man involved in a collision with an SUV who was recommended for neck surgery.
- Keen v. Davis Recovery (2017) $460,000.00 recovery for the victim of a severe t-bone collision with a tow truck wrecker.
- Hardy v. Confidential (2018) Obtained a $750,000.00 settlement for our client, hundreds of thousands of dollars above the policy limits, in a vehicle on bicycle crash involving significant injuries.
- Jane Doe v. Confidential (2018) Obtained a $1.875 million settlement of industrial accident case involving crush injuries.
- Jane Doe v. Confidential (2018) Recovered a confidential amount for a client from a contractor operating a juvenile justice program concerning allegations of sexual assault of a minor while in custodial care.
- Boles v. City of Jacksonville (2018) $90,000.00 recovery against the City of Jacksonville as a result of a collision between a city garbage truck and our client’s vehicle.
- Veals v. Anderson Recovered $200,000.00for husband and wife injured in high impact collision.
- Tysons v. Miller Recovered $131,000.00 for a husband and wife injured in an accident.
- John Doe v. Confidential Recovered $350,000.00 for the victim of a shooting at an apartment complex.
- Henderson v. Kobak and PPL Trucking $350,000.00 recovery for client severely injured in high impact collision with commercial vehicle involving back and neck surgery.
- Serrano v. Kling Towing $90,000.00 recovery for a client involved in high impact collision.
- Warren v. Smith, Nationwide and 21stCentury $125,000.00 aggregate recovery for a client against at-fault driver and two uninsured motorist carriers.
- Sunu v. Molina $118,000.00 recovery for client who suffered neck injury as a result of high impact collision.
- Nowell v. StarTech $630,000.00 recovery for partially paralyzed women in trip and fall case against a business
- Taylor $125,000.00 recovery for a single mother injured in an auto accident with injections.
- Confidential $270,000.00 recovery for a burn victim in a unique premises liability case against her former apartment owner and manager in a fall on a stairwell due to a defective hand railing
- Confidential $230,000.00 recovery for the estate of a young driver hit when partially in the shoulder of the highway and the roadway by a commercial vehicle.
- Confidential $210,000.00 recovery for a two-year-old who was able to walk through a broken screen door in his rented home and was injured.
- Cheryl Frazier $300,000.00 recovery for the victim of an automobile crash who underwent back surgery.
- Donna McGinn $200,000.00 policy limits underinsured motorist recovery for the victim of an automobile crash who had a pain pump installed in her spine
- Joseph Minotti $365,000.00 recovery for the victim of an automobile crash who underwent neck surgery
- Confidential $625,000.00 recovery for the victim of a shooting at an apartment complex.
- Confidential $160,000.00 recovery for a woman injured in a trucking accident.
- Confidential recovery for serving a habitual alcoholic resulting in injuries to his passenger.
- Confidential medical malpractice recovery in excess of $500,000.00 for the spouse of a deceased hospital patient due to delayed diagnosis.
- Confidential Medical Malpractice recovery against physician on behalf of Army veteran who experienced a perforated colon and a temporary ileostomy.
- $350,000.00 recovery for a commercial truck driver injured in a highway collision who underwent lumbar surgery.
- Confidential medical malpractice recovery against physicians and nurses for the surviving spouse of a woman that lost her life as a result of an improper failure to diagnose and treat a pulmonary embolism.
- $70,000.00 recovery for injured educator who was involved in serious motor vehicle crash with a drunk driver.
- $190,000.00 recovery for injured victim in a trucking crash as a result of aggravation of prior injuries.
- $100,000.00 recovery for woman injured in a fall at her place of residence.
- $150,000.00 recovery for the estate of a gentlemen involved in a crash with disputed liability where he unfortunately died from unrelated health issues.
- $99,000.00 recovery for injured victim in a crash as a result of aggravation of prior injuries.
- $75,000.00 recovery for soft tissue injuries sustained in a car crash.
- $106,500.00 recovery for soft tissue injuries where at fault driver was looking at his cell phone while driving.
- $105,000.0000 recovery for Navy veteran who underwent pain management procedures following a crash with disputed liability.
- $100,000.00 uninsured motorist recovery for a driver who underwent surgery for a preexisting condition following a crash.
- Confidential recovery in excess of half a million dollars for the surviving daughters of misdiagnosed heart patient who died of a heart attack following several emergency visits.
- $60,000.00 recovery for aggravation of previous spine injuries following a car crash.
- $185,000.00 recovery for an immigrant hit by a commercial vehicle while riding his bicycle.
- $105,000.0000 recovery for Navy veteran who underwent pain management procedures following a crash with disputed liability.
- $440,000.00 inadequate security recovery for the 6 children of after their father was shot and killed in the common areas of an apartment on Christmas day during an altercation.
- $215,000.00 recovery for a woman hit by a semi who underwent shoulder surgery.
- $60,000.00 recovery for injured victim as a result of aggravation of prior injuries.
- $150,000.00 recovery for a driver who underwent shoulder surgery following a crash involved in other serious crashes before and after this one.
- $200,000.00 recovery for Navy veteran cyclist who was hospitalized following a crash with disputed liability.
- $500,000.00 recovery for a seriously injured 17-year-old passenger and his mother driver both involved in a single car collision following a repair shop’s failure to properly fix the steering on a vehicle in for service prior to the crash.
- $110,00.00 policy limits recovery for executive involved in a crash requiring injections.
- $75,000.00 recovery for recommended shoulder surgery necessitated by a car crash.
- $90,000.00 recovery for injuries sustained in a car crash.
- Confidential inadequate security confidential recovery involving closed head injury at commercial premises.
- Confidential recovery for a woman who sustained a head injury following a mishap on the premises outside of her place of employment while on a smoke break.
- Confidential recovery following a four-year battle for the victim of a fall and alleged improper medication management resulting in strokes against a rehabilitation hospital and several physicians that treated the victim.
- $125,000.00 recovery for pregnant woman who underwent pain management procedures following a crash with disputed liability.
- Confidential seven figure inadequate security recovery for a teen who was shot in a car parked on a commercial property.
- Tender of homeowner’s policy limit of $300,000.00 against hosts of a pool party where a guest tragically drowned.
Proud member of
- The Florida Bar, admitted 1996
- Florida Justice Association
- American Association of Justice
- American Bar Association
- Jacksonville Bar Association
- Jacksonville Catholic Lawyer’s Guild
- Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois (B.A. 1993)
- University of Miami School of Law (J.D. cum laude, 1996)
- Personal Injury
- Civil Litigation
- Wrongful Death
- Premises Liability
- Medical Malpractice
- Product Liability
- Nursing Home Abuse
- Auto Negligence
United States District Courts – Southern, Northern and Middle Districts, Florida
- College sports
Personal Interests and Endeavors
- Mission Trips, Retreats, Assisting the elderly
- Gabriel House Volunteer
- That Man is You
- Northwestern University Alumni Association – Alumni Applicant Interviewer
- Pro Bono Volunteer Jacksonville Legal Aid
Recent client testimonials
I want to thank you for your efforts today in our deliberations and want you to know that I feel we did what we needed to do today. I appreciate your professionalism and knowledge and, as always, your thinking of what’s best for me and my future.
Please stay in touch with what the next steps are and how we move through this time.
After (3) active military tours overseas, covering (25) years of service to this nation, I was faced with physical problems, due to the negligence of an irresponsible driver. While participating in a combat zone I was never fearful of harm to my life. But after my return to the states, I felt a tremendous blow which caused physical damages due to negligent driving. The impact for a moment caused me to be placed in a suspended state of momentary shock, from this traumatic incident. The United States Air Force trained me well for various emergencies, but this crash needed professional help. When I reached out to Farah & Farah and Larry Huttman, they quickly responded to my emergency. Their expertise in the field of “auto crashes”, proved to me that they are the “best team”, in Jacksonville, Florida.
Thank you for straightening out the curve, that was placed in my life, by an irresponsible driver, who could have ended my life on the spot.
Trust me, I will spread the word about your services!