Farah & Farah Logo in black - Personal injury lawyers in Florida and Georgia

Available 24/7 | En Español

Legal Live

Live with Eddie & Chuck Farah

For more than three decades, the Farah brothers have worked to protect victims injured physically from another’s negligent actions. They do so because Jacksonville is home. Clients are friends and neighbors. Because of their willingness to fight for clients, unafraid to go toe-to-toe with even the biggest insurance companies and many a time even spending their own money to do so, they have earned a reputation as being by, and for, the people of Jacksonville. The work ethic built into the practice from the very beginning has allowed the firm to grow from humble beginnings into prominence, with offices throughout Florida and Georgia.

Send your legal questions to doihaveacase@farahandfarah.com to be answered on the show.

Listen to our Show

Listen live on Saturdays in Jacksonville on WOKV 104.5 at 12pm or listen to past episodes below. New episodes are uploaded weekly!

Why Host a Weekly Radio Show?

Even with all of the firm’s success, Eddie and Chuck wanted to stay true to their Jacksonville roots. One way they do this is by hosting a weekly radio talk show aired on News 104.5 WOKV. The show, Legal Live, presents a variety of legal topics each week, broken down with easy-to-follow examples and keen insights so that the average listener can have greater accessibility to the law. Eddie and Chuck also answer a myriad of questions from listeners calling in, keeping the show entertaining, and at times, quite lively, with the diversity of questions being presented. But Eddie and Chuck do this because they truly love what they do – simply being a help to people when they need an advocate.

A Few Fun Moments on the Show

Topic : New Legislation Changes Who Pays Attorneys’ Fees in Lawsuits

Practice Area: First-Party Claims

Recap from Show: In the past, if you had to sue your insurance company in order to receive the money you were owed and had to hire a lawyer to do so, your attorney’s fees would be paid in full by the insurance company if you won. A new law, however, has changed this so that is nolonger the case. Under the old law, even small claims were worth pursuing because if the case was won, the attorney’s fees would be paid by the insurance company, which evened the playing field. Now, there is less incentive for a lawyer to take on a smaller case. Homeowners with smaller claims are also at a disadvantage. For example, if there’s a storm that causes $5,000 worth of damage and the insurance company won’t pay the homeowner, it’s not worth paying $10,000 in attorney’s fees, which will discourage homeowners from getting justice and what they’re due from insurance companies.

Topic : Liability and Personal Injury After Signing a Waiver

Practice Area: Personal Injury

Recap from Show: The Oceangate tragedy sparked a discussion about liability and waivers. All of the passengers on the submarine had signed waivers freeing Oceangate of liability in the event of injury, disability, property damage, or death. There are many activities in which you’re asked to sign a waiver. Many people believe that if they’ve signed a waiver and then are injured,they have no recourse. However, a waiver has to be worded in a very exact way and if it’s not, there may be ways around the waiver. You shouldn’t automatically assume that you don’t have a claim even if you’ve signed a waiver. Speak with an attorney to determine whether you have acase.

Topic : Comparative Negligence Laws in Florida

Practice Area: Vehicle Accidents

Recap from Show: Florida used to have a comparative negligence statute. This means that in an accident, the fault is divided up between the parties involved and each person is held that amount liable. For example, if two people are in an accident and one is ruled to be 60% at fault while the other is held 40% responsible, both would still be liable at the appropriate percentage. Now, Florida’s laws award the full fault to the one person who was ruled to be more than 50% responsible. In the same example, the person who was 60% liable would be held 100% responsible for the accident while the person who was 40% liable wasn’t held responsible at all.

Curved arrow
contact us today text