Ocala Slip and Fall Lawyers
Businesses in Ocala, FL, are responsible for keeping you safe when you visit. When you slip and fall because their maintenance efforts fell short, you can hold them legally accountable for your resulting costs and injuries. Our Ocala slip and fall attorneys have helped clients win over $1 billion in settlements and jury awards. We’re ready to help you get the top-dollar award you deserve.
If you’ve recently fallen due to a dangerous condition at a local business in Ocala, Florida, Farah & Farah can help. The property owner may be responsible for the costs of your medical treatment, sudden loss of income, and other damages suffered due to your fall. Our experienced Ocala slip and fall lawyers are ready to help you fight to get the fair settlement you deserve.
Since 1979, Farah & Farah has been a trusted advocate of fall victims and grieving families in Ocala and throughout the Sunshine State. As leaders in premises liability litigation, our award-winning trial attorneys have successfully secured over $1 billion for clients like you.
Don’t settle for less than you deserve. Trust our top-rated legal team to help you get a top-dollar award. Contact our law office in Ocala, FL, at (352) 205-4023 to get started. Your initial case evaluation is free.
Reasons You’ll Want Farah & Farah Fighting for You After an Ocala Slip and Fall
Our personal injury attorneys in Ocala have the resources and experience you need to take on a business owner’s insurance company to get the compensation you need. We know what it takes to hold property owners or managers responsible when someone gets hurt on their property.
Here’s why you’ll want Farah & Farah working for you:
- You’ll benefit from the compassionate, client-centric legal representation you deserve during this stressful time.
- Our law firm has been passionate about helping fall victims make things right since our founding in 1979.
- We embrace our home-grown Florida roots by remaining actively involved in the local community through service and donations.
- Our attorneys have received some of the highest honors in the legal industry, including Top 100 Trial Lawyers by The National Trial Lawyers.
- Our case results are no accident, with millions in settlements and jury awards recovered.
When you choose Farah & Farah, you’re more than just a name on a file. Our team genuinely cares about every person it represents and strives to make a meaningful difference every time. You don’t have to take our word for it. Client reviews and testimonials highlight the benefits of working with our award-winning Ocala slip and fall attorneys.
We work on contingency, so there is no cost to hire our law firm unless we win your slip and fall accident case. Get started by scheduling a time for your free consultation today.
How Our Ocala Premises Liability Lawyers Can Help You Maximize Your Recovery
Take this time to recover from your slip and fall injuries and figure out the best way forward. Let our team put our considerable experience, in-depth knowledge of Florida premises liability law, and passion for justice to work for you.
You can count on our slip and fall accident lawyers in Ocala, FL, to:
- Thoroughly explain your legal rights and options and answer any questions you have throughout the claims process
- Help you obtain medical treatment from a qualified provider near you in Ocala
- Conduct a thorough investigation into your slip and fall accident
- Work to identify the hazardous condition that caused you to fall and determine if the owner knew or should have known about it
- Gather evidence, including accident reports, video recordings, photographs, and witness statements, that can be used to prove negligence and build a compelling claim for damages
- Anticipate victim-blaming tactics used to limit or prevent a financial award
- Aggressively pursue a maximum settlement during negotiations with the property owner or their insurance company
- Advocate for you at trial if the business refuses to accept responsibility or extend a reasonable settlement offer
Don’t hesitate to contact our skilled team to discuss the specific details of your slip and fall accident case today. We’re always available to provide the help you need.
What Do I Have To Prove to Win My Slip and Fall Accident Case?
In Florida, slip and fall accident cases are a matter of premises liability. State premises liability laws impose a duty on property owners and those responsible for maintenance or operation to keep the premises in a reasonably safe condition.
This typically requires the owner or business to ensure there aren’t any concealed hazards or dangers that could put invited guests and visitors at risk of getting hurt. Owners should regularly inspect their premises and fix hazards immediately upon discovery. If there’s no quick fix, visitors must at least be warned about the potential danger.
When a property owner or business fails to take these steps and a visitor slips and gets hurt, they can be considered negligent and liable for resulting damages.
How Can You Prove Negligence in a Slip and Fall Case?
When you file a slip and fall accident lawsuit, you’ll have to prove that the property owner was negligent by showing evidence of:
- Duty: You’ll have to establish that the property owner owed you a duty of care. This will be true if you were lawfully on the premises with the owner’s implied or express consent.
- Breach of Duty: Next, you’ll have to show that the owner breached the duty of care owed to you in some way. Typically, this involves pointing out that the owner had actual or constructive knowledge of a fall hazard on the premises but failed to fix it or warn you about it.
- Causation: The property owner’s actions or inaction must have been the actual and proximate cause of your slip and fall accident. In other words, you wouldn’t have fallen if the owner had taken proper steps to maintain their premises.
- Damages: You must point out specific damages sustained in the slip and fall, such as medical bills, lost wages, or emotional distress.
At Farah & Farah, we’ve spent decades building successful negligence actions on behalf of deserving clients like you. Now we’re here for you.
What Are the Top Causes of Ocala Slips, Trips, and Falls?
Some of the most common causes of slip and fall and trip and fall accidents in Ocala include:
- Spills and puddles
- Slick or slippery floor surfaces, especially after a recent waxing
- Loose rugs, carpets, and doormats
- Broken stair treads
- Broken floorboards
- Unsecured railings
- Missing railings
- Debris and garbage
- Unsecured cables and wires
- Poor lighting
- Broken pavement and sidewalks
Unless a hazard is open and obvious, a business or property owner could be legally responsible if it causes you to slip or trip and fall and get hurt.
What Types of Damages Can I Get if I’ve Slipped and Fallen at a Business in Ocala?
More than a million Americans visit the emergency room every year after a slip and fall accident. Many of these slip and fall victims are elderly. Regardless of age, the consequences of a slip and fall accident can be overwhelming and costly.
In Florida, victims of slips and falls reserve the right to seek compensatory damages from a negligent property owner. Compensatory damages fall into two distinct categories: economic and non-economic.
Economic damages help to put you back in the financial position you were in before your slip and fall accident, offsetting costs related to:
- Current and future medical bills
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Lost wages and earnings
- Reduced earning capacity
- Nursing assistance
- Out-of-pocket expenses
- Funeral expenses if a slip and fall accident in Ocala is fatal
On the other hand, non-economic damages help to compensate for the harder-to-value trauma and life changes you experience after you’ve slipped and fallen, such as:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Reduced quality of life
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Loss of consortium
The business or property owner likely won’t hesitate to downplay your injuries and the impact the slip and fall will have on your life. When you choose Farah & Farah, you won’t have to worry about these tactics.
Our slip and fall attorneys in Ocala will take an incredibly detailed approach to your case, working hard to uncover the specific reasons you were injured and gathering evidence that can be used to build a compelling case. We’ll work closely with trusted experts and specialists, using their insight to support our arguments.
Decades of Experience Handling Slip and Fall Accident Cases in Ocala
Slip and fall accidents can happen just about anywhere in Ocala, Florida. Whether you’re at a local business, a government building, a fast food establishment, or an acquaintance’s home, our slip and fall accident lawyers in Ocala can help you fight for the financial accountability you deserve.
Since 1979, we’ve helped clients who have suffered injuries or lost close family members in slip and fall accidents at Ocala:
- Restaurants and bars
- Grocery stores
- Home improvement stores
- Shopping malls
- Retail stores
- Nursing homes
- Office buildings
- Movie theaters
- Construction sites
Slip, trip, and fall accidents don’t happen exclusively indoors. Our team can also help you fight for compensation if you’ve slipped and fallen at a park or playground, in a parking lot or parking garage, or on a broken sidewalk.
Call our legal team in Ocala at (352) 205-4023 to discuss the specific details of your slip and fall case today.
Slip and Fall Accident FAQs
Slips and falls happen frequently, and it’s common to have questions after the fact. Our Florida slip and fall accident lawyers have the answers you need about your rights, your case, and the legal process ahead of you.
How Long Will I Have To Sue for a Slip and Fall in Florida?
In Florida, you have two years from the date of the accident or from when you discover your injuries to file your case. The two-year statute of limitations applies to slips and falls resulting in personal injury and wrongful death.
If the statute of limitations expires before you file a lawsuit, you’ll lose the right to pursue the compensation you deserve.
Can I Get Compensation for Pain and Suffering After a Slip and Fall Accident?
Yes, damages for pain and suffering can be awarded to slip and fall accident victims in Ocala.
Like other non-economic damages, pain and suffering can be difficult to value. Many times, the value of your pain and suffering will be calculated using a multiplier.
Once your economic damages are calculated, the insurance company will apply a multiplier between one and five, based on the severity of your situation—the more severe your suffering, the higher the multiplier and the higher the award.
What Can I Do if the Property Owner or Business Tries To Blame Me for a Slip and Fall in Florida?
Florida has modified comparative negligence rules with a 51 percent bar, so it’s important to be proactive about shared fault. The owner will probably try to blame you for your fall accident to limit their liability. The more fault you share, the less they’ll have to pay.
You can protect yourself by calling an experienced slip and fall accident attorney in Ocala for help immediately. Your attorney will anticipate these tactics and build a strategy to defend you. This might include gathering evidence that clearly disproves the allegations or discrediting witness testimony.
What Are the Most Common Slip and Fall Accident Injuries?
Some of the most commonly reported slip, trip, and fall injuries include:
Trusted Ocala Slip and Fall Accident Attorneys Ready To Fight for You
When you’re facing expensive medical bills, pain, and lost wages after a slip and fall accident, call Farah & Farah at (352) 205-4023 for a free case review. An Ocala slip and fall lawyer from our firm can explain your legal options to get the compensation you need to recover from your accident.
We’re ready to bring you the