Orlando Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
Motorcycle helmets and other safety gear can only offer so much protection in an accident with a larger vehicle. Often, those larger vehicles’ drivers cause accidents because they’re distracted, impaired, in a rush, or otherwise careless. When you get hurt in a motorcycle crash, it’s important to demand accountability from those responsible. Our Orlando motorcycle accident attorneys have the experience, resources, and record of success you need to achieve top results.
As a motorcyclist, you’re susceptible to potentially life-altering injuries in a wreck, including traumatic brain injury, severe burns, and paralysis. If you’ve suffered injuries in a motorcycle accident because someone else was negligent, you deserve compensation for your related costs, injuries, and suffering. The experienced Orlando personal injury lawyers at Farah & Farah are here to help you get the compensation you need to recover.
Farah & Farah is a top-rated personal injury law firm that has advocated for motorcycle crash victims and grieving families in Orlando for over four decades. We’re award-winning trial lawyers with a track record of achieving top results for injured riders like you.
Our collaborative approach to litigation has helped us recover over $1 billion in settlements and jury awards.
Call our law office in Orlando, FL, at (407) 329-5054 for your free consultation to learn more about how our team can help you.
Benefit From Farah & Farah’s Award-Winning Orlando Legal Team
Level the playing field by hiring an experienced lawyer in Orlando to handle your motorcycle accident case.
Statistically, you’re more likely to win your case and recover a higher payout when you hire a lawyer. But don’t just hire any lawyer. Choose a team of legal professionals who will give you the individualized attention you deserve with the resources necessary to take on the largest opponents.
Choosing Farah & Farah gives you the edge you need to get the best possible results. The following are some key reasons to consider working with us.:
- Founded by brothers in 1979, we’ve been tireless advocates for our friends and neighbors in Orlando ever since.
- We’ve earned a reputation for going above and beyond for our clients, evidenced by their glowing testimonials and reviews.
- Our law firm has helped injured riders win life-changing awards. Recent results in motorcycle cases include recoveries of $5 million, $1 million, $400,000, and $760,000.
- We’re invested in improving and supporting our local community through local groups, organizations, and charities.
- There’s absolutely no fee to hire our motorcycle accident lawyers unless we win your case.
Our clients are the lifeblood of our law firm. When you turn to us for help, we’ll be there for you every step of the way and treat you like family. We’ll take the lead on your fight for compensation but rely on your collaboration and input throughout the claim process. Our client-centric approach prioritizes teamwork by utilizing the vast skills and experience of our team to help you achieve the best possible outcome in your motorcycle injury claim.
When you hire Farah & Farah, we’ll assign a team of legal professionals to handle your case. They will combine their expertise to take on the biggest insurance companies and corporations to get you the justice you deserve.
How Our Motorcycle Accident Attorneys Can Help You Maximize Your Recovery
The at-fault party won’t be quick to take responsibility for your motorcycle accident. Their insurer will search for any reason to deny your claim or limit your payout. Our attorneys won’t let them push you around or manipulate you into accepting less money than your motorcycle accident case is worth.
We take a detailed and comprehensive approach to every case we handle, investing the time and resources needed to win. This involves doing the following:
- Coordinating a thorough independent investigation into your motorcycle accident.
- Pinpointing causation and establishing liability.
- Carefully analyzing medical records, vehicle maintenance records, toxicology reports, video recordings, forensic reports, accident reports, property damage, and other evidence.
- Finding and interviewing witnesses to the crash.
- Working closely with highly-respected medical professionals, motorcycle specialists, mechanics, rehabilitation specialists, and other experts as we build your case.
- Helping you obtain appropriate medical care and negotiating the cost of your treatment.
- Filing all necessary claims and documents with the insurance company and local court on your behalf.
- Offering guidance when it’s time for you to make important case-related decisions.
- Fiercely advocating for a top-dollar settlement during negotiations.
- Filing a lawsuit and bringing your motorcycle accident case to a jury, if necessary.
You have one shot at recovering compensation after your Orlando motorcycle crash. Let our motorcycle accident attorneys go to work for you. We have the experience and resources you need to win.
What Damages Can I Get after a Motorcycle Accident in Orlando?
In Florida, injured riders can generally seek compensatory damages after a motorcycle crash. Compensatory damages include the following:
- Economic damages to offset the financial burdens of the motorcycle accident, and
- Non-economic damages to compensate for the trauma you’ve experienced as a motorcycle accident victim.
Potential awards include money to cover the following:
- Current medical bills paid
- Future medical expenses for reasonably necessary treatment
- Lost wages and income
- Property damage
- Nursing care
- Funeral expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Chronic physical pain
- Emotional distress
- Loss of consortium or loss of the benefits of a family relationship
- Loss of enjoyment of life
If your motorcycle accident case doesn’t settle, a jury or judge could also award punitive damages at trial. However, under Florida law, you must present clear and convincing evidence of intentional misconduct or gross negligence.
The insurance company will work hard to call the shots regarding your financial recovery. Our motorcycle accident lawyers in Florida won’t let them. With decades of experience and a wide range of expertise behind us, we know how to approach and build a successful motorcycle injury claim. We’ll collaborate with experts and get your input as we determine what your case is worth. When it’s time to negotiate, we’ll have built a persuasive legal claim that forces the insurance company to extend a fair offer. If they don’t, we’ll be more than ready to go to trial.
Orlando’s Stretch of I-4 Is the Most Dangerous For Motorcyclists
Interstate 4 is regularly named the most dangerous highway in the country—and for good reason. Between 2016 and 2019, 150 motor vehicle accident deaths were reported on I-4. Eleven of these fatalities happened on the stretch of I-4 running through Orlando. Motorcyclists are often involved in these fatal I-4 wrecks.
Why is I-4 in Orlando so dangerous for motorcyclists? Here are some of the main reasons:
- The interstate is under almost constant construction, disrupting the traffic flow and creating hazards that put motorcyclists at an increased risk of harm.
- I-4 is heavily traveled by out-of-state motorists unfamiliar with the area.
- Traffic congestion puts motorcyclists close to larger vehicles regularly.
- Many motorists speed through Orlando’s stretch of I-4, despite heavy congestion and construction.
If you’ve been in a motorcycle accident on I-4 in Orlando, or have recently lost a family member in a fatal I-4 crash, call Farah & Farah at (407) 329-5054. We can help you evaluate your rights and put a plan into action to recover the compensation you deserve.
How Long Do I Have To File a Motorcycle Accident Lawsuit in Florida?
Under Florida law, you will have the following time to file a motorcycle accident lawsuit for damages:
- Two years from the date of your motorcycle accident, or
- Two years from the date of a motorcycle accident victim’s wrongful death.
The statute of limitations has very few exceptions. If the deadline passes before you take action, you will lose the opportunity to recover the crash-related damages you deserve.
Who’s Liable for My Orlando Motorcycle Accident?
Most motorcycle accidents in Orlando happen when someone is negligent. Negligence means that someone had a duty to exercise reasonable caution, and a breach of this duty occurred, causing another person’s injury or death.
Under Florida negligence laws, anyone whose negligence contributes to a motorcycle wreck can be held financially responsible for the resulting damages.
Depending on the specific facts of your case, liability could extend to the following parties:
- Driver of a passenger vehicle
- Bus driver
- Truck driver
- Transit company
- Vehicle manufacturer
- Property owner
- Government agency
- Employer of a negligent party
Our Orlando motorcycle accident attorneys will carefully review the details of your crash to determine why it happened and, in turn, identify who contributed to the wreck. Once we know who’s at fault, we can actively pursue maximum damages from them on your behalf.
How Can Shared Fault Impact My Motorcycle Accident Recovery?
You may be able to recover compensation for your motorcycle accident injuries if you are partly to blame. However, you cannot be mostly at fault for the wreck.
Under Florida’s modified comparative negligence system:
- Damages are barred once your liability exceeds 50 percent.
- Damages are reduced proportionately when liability is 50 percent or less.
So, if you’re partly to blame, you’ll be entitled to a fraction of what your motorcycle accident case is worth, proportionate to your liability.
Our attorneys will work hard to counter claims of shared responsibility and limit how much, if any, fault is assigned to you.
Motorcycle Accident FAQs
It’s common to have questions after you’ve been involved in a traumatic motorcycle accident in Orlando. Our motorcycle accident attorneys have the answers you need.
What Should I Do After a Motorcycle Accident in Orlando?
First, take a deep breath. It’s important to remember that the decisions you make right now can have a massive impact on your ability to recover compensation in the future.
Here are a few simple steps to help you maximize your recovery:
- Seek medical attention at a local hospital, such as AdventHealth Orlando or Orlando Health, immediately.
- Call 911 or the local police department to report the motorcycle accident.
- Exchange information with other parties or provide details to the police officers when they arrive on the scene.
- Take pictures of the scene of the accident, damage to vehicles and property, and your injuries.
- Save the clothing and safety gear worn at the time of the crash.
- Refuse to provide a recorded statement for the insurance company.
- Direct all case-related communication to your Orlando motorcycle accident attorney.
The sooner you call an attorney for help, the better. At Farah & Farah, we’re always here to take your call—24 hours a day, seven days a week. Don’t hesitate to contact us for help when you need it most.
What’s the Average Motorcycle Settlement in Florida?
There is no average settlement or recovery for motorcycle accident cases in Florida. Every case is incredibly different.
Many factors will influence value, including the rider’s age and earning capacity, the specific types of injuries sustained, and the overall impact of the crash on the rider’s life.
You can increase the odds of a meaningful recovery by enlisting the help of a qualified and experienced motorcycle attorney. Farah & Farah regularly helps injured riders achieve top results, including multiple six-and-seven-figure awards. Our case results are no accident.
Is Lane Splitting Legal in Orlando?
No. Riding a motorcycle between two marked lanes of traffic, or lane splitting, is illegal in Florida.
Not only can you get a ticket for lane splitting, but it could also adversely affect your ability to recover compensation if you get into a motor vehicle accident.
How Does Insurance Work After a Motorcycle Crash in Florida?
Florida’s no-fault insurance rules don’t apply to motorcyclists. So, after a crash, you can seek compensation directly from the person or parties that caused your accident.
Trusted Orlando Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Ready to Fight For You
At Farah & Farah, our Orlando motorcycle accident lawyers are here to protect you and your family after a crash. Call us at (407) 329-5054 for your free no-obligation case review to learn more about your legal options to get the compensation you deserve.
We’re ready to bring you the