Car Accident Attorney in Jacksonville
All car accidents are serious. Even minor collisions can lead to costly car repairs, medical treatment and lingering injuries. At Farah & Farah, we understand the pressure you’re under. Our experienced Jacksonville car accident lawyers will provide you and your family with the support you deserve during this scary, trying time.
If you or a loved one was involved in a serious car accident, contact us as soon as you are able. The aftermath of a car accident can be intimidating and confusing and we don’t want you to go through it alone. Call us at (877) 245-6707 today and let the dedicated Jacksonville personal injury team at Farah & Farah stand up for you.
How Can Farah & Farah Help Me After a Car Accident?
On paper, dealing with a car accident claim seems like a fairly straightforward process. At Farah & Farah, we know that a “simple” claims process can turn complicated, intimidating and exhausting quickly. Even basic claims involve:
- Building a case to present in a claim, which may include obtaining witness testimonies, photos of the incident, and any other evidence to substantiate your claim.
- Seeking estimates and bills from medical providers, auto repair shops and any other establishments necessary to build a case for proper compensation.
- Handling property damage and obtaining a rental vehicle if your car was damaged in the accident.
- Communicating with the other party who may be reluctant or otherwise uncooperative through the process.
- Communicating and negotiating with insurance companies who are in the business of minimizing claims to maximize their own profit.
Victims of car accidents are expected to take care of this process on top of the added stress of being injured, spending time in the hospital and/or missing time from work. That’s simply not fair to car accident victims – and that’s why we are here to help you through it together.
Farah & Farah Can Give You Peace of Mind
We are passionate about protecting car accident victims. Above everything, we want to ease the stress and pain of a car accident, giving you peace of mind so that you can focus on healing and recovery. Our accident attorneys and staff accomplish this by utilizing our full breadth of knowledge and experience to take care of everything you need through the car accident process. This includes:
- Finding a doctor to properly treat any injuries you may have suffered.
- Obtaining a rental vehicle and assisting with property damage if your vehicle was damaged.
- Gathering all the evidence necessary, such as photographic proof, witness testimony, and police reports to fight for a maximum claim on your behalf.
- Hiring any and all experts necessary to fight for you case.
- Dealing with insurance companies to prevent intimidation tactics and low-ball offers.
- Handling any and all paperwork required to properly file your car accident claim.
- Taking your claim to trial, if necessary, to facilitate the compensation you need to make a full recovery.
At Farah & Farah, our focus is strictly on you and your needs.
How Do I Navigate the Insurance Process Following my Car Accident?
One of the most contentious parts of a car accident claim is having a conversation with an insurance company to seek compensation. Many things can happen while discussing your accident with an insurance company:
• An agent may offer you a quick settlement for your accident, in the hopes that you will be happy with this initial recovery. In our experience, this is often far lower than what you are rightfully entitled to, and insurance companies do this frequently to ultimately minimize how much money they need to pay out.
• An insurance company may outright deny your claim based on the testimony of the other party, without potentially listening to your side of the story. This is potentially grounds for a bad faith insurance claim, and if this happens, you may have recourse to pursue further damages.
• An insurance company may deny your claim due to insufficient evidence that you are entitled to compensation. Ensuring that your case has thorough documentation and proof to substantiate your claim can prevent this from happening.
Negotiating with an insurance company is arguably the most stressful part of the process – and we don’t want you to experience that on your own. Farah & Farah is here to help you through the worst of it ensuring that your energy is focused on you and your family.
We Assume All the Risk – Not You
We know that spending more money is the last thing you want to do after a car accident. At Farah & Farah, we provide valuable representation and counsel on a contingency fee basis. That means your initial upfront cost is $0, and we only collect legal fees if we successfully win your case.
We’re not here to take advantage of you and your wallet at such a financially troubling time. That’s why you never have to pay directly for any of our costs throughout your car accident claim.
Damages Available in a Car Accident Case
When most people think of vehicle accident expenses, they immediately think of damages to the vehicle and immediate medical expenses. However, the total costs of a Florida car accident can be tremendous and well beyond what insurance minimums cover.
As a quick refresher, Florida is a no-fault accident state, meaning that you will turn to your personal insurer for immediate medical claims. Your personal injury protection (PIP) will cover 80% of your medical costs and 60% of your lost wages, but only up to $10,000.
When we consider some of the more serious injuries that can occur in a car accident, we are looking at expenses that go well beyond $10,000. The first-year medical costs alone for a spinal cord injury can reach over $1 million.
When we look at damages for a car accident, we want to consider the totality of economic costs and non-economic costs:
- All current and future medical cost
- Rehabilitation or physical therapy
- Lost wages and benefits if you cannot work
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
If the driver who caused the accident was grossly negligent and caused harm, we will even want to consider punitive damages against them. If the vehicle that caused the crash was a commercial vehicle, we can look at other avenues of insurance to recover the full compensation you need.
Remember, you are going to need coverage for your property damage as well. You will file a claim with the at-fault driver’s insurance company to get coverage through their property damage liability (PDL).
Causes of Florida Car Accidents
The causes of Florida car accidents are similar to causes in other areas, but we have some another obstacle that most other places in the US does not – we are a year-round tourist destination.
Not only are we contending with other Floridian drivers, but we are also dealing with drivers from all over the US and Canada on a regular basis, many of whom are not familiar with Florida roadways. Many accidents are caused by unfamiliarity with the area. All too often, we deal with crashes that were caused due to someone looking at a map or GPS on their phone because they had no clue where they were going.
The main culprit for vehicle accidents remains drivers operating at an unsafe speed or operating recklessly. When we look at the total vehicle accidents in Florida, impaired driving may seem like a minor overall cause. For the latest reporting year, alcohol-impaired or drug-impaired drivers caused 5,793 crashes. Together, they caused 3,624 injuries and 712 fatalities.
- Impaired drivers were responsible for over 22% of the total vehicle crash deaths in the latest reporting year.
Technology has become a major part of our lives. It is easier than ever to stay connected to our friends and family, but sometimes that connectivity is detrimental. How many times have you seen a driver around you looking at their phones while they were moving down the roadway? Distracted driving is dangerous driving.
When we consider the causes of car accidents, we must also consider the following causes:
- Poorly maintained vehicles (personal or commercial)
- Poorly maintained roadways
- Environmental factors
There were more than 400,000 total vehicle crashes during the latest reporting year in Florida, causing more than 254,000 injuries and 3,116 fatalities. You should always drive safely on the roadways. If an accident does occur, you need to be prepared with how to handle it.
What to do After a Car Accident
The most important thing you can do after a car accident is to seek medical assistance for any injuries. If the injuries are serious, ensure you take an ambulance to the ER. Even if you think you are not injured or if an injury is minor, you need to let a doctor make a determination about the extent of your injuries.
If you are able to do so, you should document the accident scene with photographs on your phone or other camera. If you do not have a camera, ask someone (even a witness) to take photographs of the entire scene:
- Damage to vehicles and injuries
- Causes of the crash
- Traffic patterns
- Debris patterns
- The weather
- And more
Speak to any eyewitnesses to the crash. Get their names and phone numbers. Eyewitnesses can help with insurance settlements of personal injury claims if necessary.
Make sure the police are called to the scene, even if the other people involved in the crash do not want the police there. Reporting an accident and getting an official accident report is important. The police will conduct their own investigation at the scene, and this will help when it comes to insurance settlements or in a personal injury lawsuit. Make sure you ask the police how to obtain a copy of the official report before you leave.
You should report the crash to your insurance company. However, you should be careful what you say to the insurance company when making an initial report. Remember, insurance companies do not want to willingly hand out settlements. They will use anything you say against you if they can – even your own insurance company. Speak with a qualified Florida car accident attorney for advice on how to handle communications with all parties involved.
Why it’s important to act swiftly after a car accident
The most important thing to remember after a car accident is that you need to act quickly when it comes to seeking medical attention and making insurance claims.
- You should seek immediate treatment for your injuries so you get on the path to recovery faster.
- Any witnesses to the crash may forget the details of the incident. The last thing you want a witness to the crash to say to an insurer or a jury is, “I don’t remember, it’s been so long.”
- Evidence from the crash will begin to disappear as soon as you leave the scene. If your crash was caused by poor roadway conditions or signage, you can be certain this will be fixed rather quickly (this is another reason it is important to document everything with a camera at the scene).
- Cases can take a long time to resolve, especially if a personal injury lawsuit is necessary. The sooner you get started with your Florida car accident attorney, the better. You cannot wait forever for compensation, not with medical and household bills piling up rapidly.
We Have Experience Handling Claims with all Major Insurers
The team at Farah & Farah has experience with all of the major insurers in Florida, including:
- State Farm
- Bristol West
- Pearl Holding Group
- 21st Century
- Liberty Mutual
- Mercury Insurance
There are also several smaller companies that work only in Florida, including Florida Farm Bureau Insurance or Florida Peninsula Insurance Company. We have the experience you need to deal with any insurance company regardless of their size. We recognize that the insurance companies are for-profit companies that do not want to hand over large payouts to you. We are going to make sure they uphold their end of the bargain when it comes to paying you what you deserve.
When Should I Contact a Car Accident Lawyer?
If you or a loved one were a victim in a car accident, please contact Farah & Farah immediately to discuss your options for compensation. We understand just how devastating a car accident can be – and although we can’t take away your pain and suffering, we can give you the support you need to fight for the compensation you deserve.
Call us today – we are here help you in your time of need.
“I HIGHLY RECOMMEND Farah and Farah. Generally, I haven’t had the best experience with lawyers in the past. My mom had had previous experience with the firm as well, and so I decided to give it a try. I thank God I did.” -Icy Eley