Florida Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
Many accidents involving a drunk driver can be tragic. From the loss of a loved one to the astronomical medical bills and lost wages that result from crippling injuries, the consequences can be devastating and not just for the victims. Multiple lives are shattered when a father, son, mother, daughter, or other relative is severely injured or, worse, dies in a drunk driving accident. It is a pain that never fully subsides.
It’s an unfortunate fact that not every DUI accident attorney goes to the mat for their clients. Getting the most in the aftermath of being hit by a drunk driver requires a Florida car accident attorney who will conduct a complete and thorough investigation of all the circumstances around an accident. Your pain and frustration deserve complete recognition. Nothing can undo the terrible events that led to your unfortunate incident. However, we will fight to help you seek the maximum value for your hardship.
How Can a FL Drunk Driver Accident Lawyer Help?
A drunk driving case takes a lot of energy. When you are healing or mourning, you are not in the best state of mind for dealing with complicated legal paperwork and insurance claims. Hiring a drunk driving accident lawyer can help you focus on your recovery while your attorney handles your case. Having a Florida car accident lawyer in your corner will help alleviate some of your stress while you recover. A team that understands every avenue for justice can ensure that you receive the fairest compensation for being hit by a drunk driver.
The legal experts at Farah & Farah are ready to help you:
- Document and investigate your accident to the fullest extent
- Determine if the intoxicated driver was recklessly driving a commercial vehicle
- Investigate if other parties like bars or restaurants contributed to the driver’s reckless behavior.
Trusting your case to a DUI attorney lets you take comfort in knowing professionals are fighting for your rights. Contact Farah & Farah for a free, no-obligation case review to learn more about how we can help your drunk driving case.
Damages and Compensation for Being Hit by a Drunk Driver
Depending on the circumstances, you may seek two types of damages in your injury or Florida wrongful death case: compensatory and punitive. Compensatory damages are intended to cover specific losses, such as:
- Medical Expenses – Hospital fees, rehabilitation, transportation, surgery, medication, and any other expenses related to your injury.
- Funeral Expenses – All costs associated with the death of the victim.
- Lost Wages – Wages lost during recovery due to injury.
- Loss of Earning Capacity – If a permanent disability results from a drunk driving accident and the victim loses the ability to perform their job. As a result, they may collect damages based on potential earnings.
- Pain and Suffering – Mental anguish, physical pain, depression, anxiety, etc.
- Other Non-Economic Losses – Loss of consortium, companionship, care, protection, guidance, advice, training, nurturing, and so on.
You may recover punitive damages if and only if the jury finds the conduct of the defendant to have been flagrant and gross, reckless, and wanton or otherwise indifferent to the rights and safety of others. A DUI accident lawyer can help you attain these additional damages by swaying the court in your favor.
Who is Liable in a Drunk Driving Accident?
Suing a drunk driver is only the first part of getting justice. Many other parties may be liable for a drunk driving accident. That’s why it’s essential to speak to a skilled drunk driving attorney as soon as possible. These other parties depend on the circumstances around your case.
Florida has a statutes for Dram Shop liability. Dram Shop laws state that liability for dangerously intoxicated individuals can include certain people or establishments. Under Dram Shop liability laws, the following entities may be liable for contributing to a DUI:
- Establishments like bars, restaurants, or nightclubs
- Social hosts who knowingly serve alcohol to minors.
- Other institutions that knowingly serve recklessly intoxicated people.
- Additionally, if the drunk driver was a minor or a “habitually addicted” adult, there may be potential additional action.
These are not hard and fast rules. Every case is different. Talking to a Florida drunk driving accident lawyer will help you find the best path forward for your case.
We Employ the Best Lawyers for Drunk Driving Accident Victims in FL
With over 35 years of experience under our belts, our personal injury attorneys throughout Florida can handle all aspects of your drunk driving accident case – from managing the media in the immediate aftermath of the crash, to gathering supporting evidence, such as medical reports and expert testimony, to improve your chances at a successful case outcome.
The opposing insurance company may employ a legal defense team to refute your claim or offer you a settlement that is less than adequate. Do not talk to the insurance adjuster, do not sign any paperwork, and do not accept any payment without first consulting with an attorney. Hire us and we will protect your interests against the actions of the insurance company, no matter what they throw at you.