Jacksonville Essure Side Effect Lawyers
Side Effects and Dangers of Essure
Women who seek permanent sterilization usually opt for a tubal ligation, an invasive surgical procedure in which the fallopian tubes are severed, cauterized, tied, or blocked in another way. The operation requires full anesthetic and must be performed at a hospital. In 2002, the Jacksonville pharmaceutical litigation attorney.
What is Essure?
Essure is a device is a spring-like coil, a little smaller than the spring inside a retractable ballpoint pen. A doctor inserts one coil in each of the fallopian tubes. Within the coils are polyethylene terephthalate fibers which induce inflammation, causing a benign fibrotic ingrowth. In three months time, the fallopian tubes are completely blocked off, thus preventing conception.
Side Effects and Risks of Using Essure
In spite of Bayer AG’s claim that Essure is safe, painless, and 99 percent effective, thousands of women who’ve had the device inserted disagree. In fact, since 2002, the FDA has received over 5,000 complaints about Essure. Complaints related to side effects such as failure to prevent conception, injury, and improper placement. Reported injuries and side effects include:
- Severe pain, both during the procedure and after the procedure
- Device migration
- Devices breaking apart and migrating
- Punctures of uterus walls
- Greater risk of ectopic pregnancy
- Cramping, vaginal bleeding, and changes of menstrual patterns
- Longer, heavier menstrual periods
- Heightened allergic responses to other allergens
- Heavy metal toxicity
- Vertigo and light headedness
- Autoimmune disease symptoms
- Significant weight gain
- Severe anxiety and or depression
- Numbness in extremities
- Joint and back pain
Essure Device Removal
The severity of side effects and complications related to Essure has caused many women to opt for a hysterectomy to remove the device. Hysterectomies carry their own set of risks, including infection. Women who have abdominal hysterectomies have a 25 percent risk of infection.
Damages for Essure Injuries and Complications
If you have experienced side effects, been injured, or suffered complications related to Essure and its insertion procedure, you may be able to pursue compensation for any of the following damages:
- All past, present, and future medical bills
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish and emotional duress
- Permanent injury or disability
- Lost wages from missed work
- Loss of career or earning capacity
- Reduced earning capacity
- Hedonic damages for loss of joy of life
- Punitive damages
Contact Our Jacksonville Essure Side Effect Lawyers
Jacksonville injury attorneys at Farah & Farah will be there to represent the interests of you and your family after an injury caused by using Essure. Don’t be intimidated by large corporations and their team of lawyers. Let us stand up to them for you. Call 877-245-6707 today for a free consultation.