Ocala Rideshare Accident Attorney
Ridesharing services such as Uber and Lyft provide convenience to many local residents, but when their negligence leads to injury, the process can be anything but convenient. If you suffered harm at the hands of a ridesharing driver, you could have a long legal battle in front of you. Because law involving these drivers is still evolving, an attorney’s guidance is necessary. We know the financial hardship an injury can cause. We could help you gain compensation for your material and immaterial losses.
The attorneys at Farah & Farah have been helping Ocala citizens navigate their accident claims since 1979. Contact us today to schedule a free review of your case and legal options.
What to Expect From Our Attorneys
At Farah & Farah, we are committed to giving you the help and support you need after an unexpected accident. We can:
- Help you cover any costs associated with any relevant property damage.
- Find medical professionals that can best treat and document your injuries.
- Secure a car rental so that you are able to commute to work and take care of your vehicle’s property damage.
- Communicate with any other parties on your behalf.
- Determine who is liable for the accident and pursue them for the maximum possible compensation.
- Handle any and all associated paperwork, which can add up in complicated car accidents.
- Listen to your needs and concerns first before proceeding with a legal strategy.
You don’t have to struggle on your own. Let us help you today.
Why Do You Need a Lawyer for a Rideshare Accident?
The claims process for car accidents may seem straightforward, but there are many factors to consider that can quickly complicate your situation.
- Florida follows the rule of comparative fault regarding liability. That means if you are found to be partially at fault for an accident, you may only be entitled to damages less your percentage of fault. Determining this percentage of fault can often require a solid case in your favor.
- Your car accident may involve more than one party, which can further complicate matters. This may be especially apparent in a ridesharing accident case.
- Insurance companies may be quick to call you and offer a low amount of compensation to quickly settle your accident. This is often much lower than what you could get in a formal accident claim.
- Accounting for serious injuries and their lasting effects in your compensation request can often be complicated and is often best left to experts to determine.
At Farah & Farah, we can help you navigate these legal complexities, ensuring that your strategy and sound and your uncertainties are resolved before we proceed with your claim.
What’s the Difference Between a Rideshare Accident and a Car Accident?
Despite involving automobiles, a rideshare accident may include other unique factors that distinguish it from a standard motor vehicle collision.
- Uber and Lyft provide liability insurance to their drivers – but the exact amount of coverage varies based on the status of the driver. This may often be difficult to determine exactly and can be up for debate through the claims process.
- Being involved in a rideshare accident as a passenger of the ridesharing vehicle can further complicate the claims process.
- Rather than corresponding with the driver, accident victims typically communicate directly with Uber/Lyft and their corresponding insurance providers.
These differences may complicate your claim, resulting in a situation that may be more stressful and frustrating. We can provide the assistance necessary to sort through the confusion and help you secure compensation for your injuries.
How Much Does a Rideshare Accident Attorney Charge?
If a ridesharing accident has hit you with significant expenses, you might think that you cannot afford to seek help from an attorney. The lawyers at Farah & Farah believe that everyone has a right to legal representation. That is why we operate on a contingency fee basis. After you meet with one of our attorneys, we will handle all aspects of your case and work hard to achieve the best possible outcome. You will not owe any attorney’s fees while your case is pending. We only take payment for our services if we obtain a settlement or court judgment on your behalf.
A Dedicated Attorney Working for You
A ridesharing accident can present a serious financial hardship, and insurance companies will not act in your best interest. It’s time to work with someone who will. If you suffered harm in an Ocala ridesharing accident, contact the attorneys at Farah & Farah to schedule a free initial consultation.