Florida Jackknife Truck Accident Attorneys
There are many different types of truck accidents, but one of the most dangerous is a jackknife truck accident. Because semi-trucks are so large and powerful, even minor contact can wreak havoc on the lives of you and your loved ones. If you’re in a jackknife accident with a commercial hauling truck, you may experience severe pain, loss of income, and mounting medical bills.
The best thing you can do is hire a Florida truck accident lawyer to protect you from predatory insurance companies and corporate greed. The legal professionals at Farah & Farah have been standing up for Florida residents for over 40 years.
Contact us today to get a free, no-obligation case review. Our jackknife truck accident attorneys are available 24/7 at (855) 495-3517.
What is a Jackknife Truck Accident?
Jackknife truck accidents occur because of a truck’s design. The two parts of a semi-truck — the cab and the trailer — are connected by a hitch. If the driver stops too fast or if there is a malfunction, the truck’s brakes can lock up. Locked brakes cause the trailer and the cab to fold in on each other and form a V, or jackknife, shape. The truck can then hit other vehicles or turn sideways and block the road. Jackknife truck accidents often involve many vehicles and cause severe damage.
Because jackknife accidents involve significant damage, many parties, and various factors, it is important to consult a truck accident lawyer who can help you navigate the complicated legal process.
How Jackknife Truck Accidents Happen
Large trucks have more complex braking systems than standard cars. Generally, truck drivers are trained to operate the complex brake systems on large trucks. Sometimes, however, truckers lose control. Many situations can make a driver brake fast or prevent the truck from slowing even with the brakes applied. These might include:
- Tire failure, such as tire blowout or retread issues.
- Malfunction in the electrical or mechanical systems.
- Dangerous conditions, such as curvy roads, fog, ice, heavy rain, loose gravel, or potholes.
- The driver was speeding, distracted, drowsy, or intoxicated and did not have time to react properly.
- Overloaded or improperly secured cargo.
We fully understand truck driving is a challenging profession, but we have seen many avoidable tragedies caused by negligence and irresponsible behavior.
How a Jackknife Accident Attorney Can Help
Accidents happen in the blink of an eye, but the fallout can drag on for weeks, months, or years. This can cause endless frustration. You might be injured, and on top of that, you might be shelling out an astronomical amount of money for medical care.
The best thing you can do after an accident is contact an experienced personal injury lawyer in Florida. The lawyers at Farah & Farah want you to get back on your feet. When you hire us to fight your case, we will:
- Connect you with a medical professional to assess, document, and treat injuries.
- Conduct a thorough investigation into the cause of your accident, including gathering witness testimony and driver records.
- Help you obtain a satisfactory rental car.
- Get the full value of your car.
- Negotiate down your medical bills
- Fight to get your maximum compensation.
The insurance companies and legal team representing the liable parties may work to make sure you get as little payment as possible, even if their clients are at fault. This happens all the time, but it doesn’t need to happen to you.
Our Jackknife Truck Accident Attorneys Are Ready to Serve Your Case
Being in an accident can be frightening and confusing. You may not know where to turn. We understand these are difficult times, and we are here to help. The truck accident attorneys at Farah & Farah are ready to offer you the best support possible. We fight on a contingency-fee-basis, so you don’t pay any legal fees until we win your case.
Don’t go at it alone. Get the help you need today. There are many reasons you should contact jackknife accident lawyer right away, including:
- Statutes of limitations in Florida limit the amount of time victims have to file a lawsuit after an accident.
- Key witnesses may forget important information.
- Gathering truck accident evidence and documenting all the case details must happen as quickly as possible after the accident.
If you or your loved ones have been involved in a truck accident, the jackknife accident lawyers at Farah & Farah are here to help. We have over 40 years of experience fighting for people just like you.
To learn how we can help you, call us at 1- (855) 495-3517 to get your free, no-obligation case review.
Frequently Asked Questions: