Attorney St. Augustine, FL
Corri Hunt joined Farah & Farah in 2009 and has been the managing attorney of the St. Augustine office since 2014. Mrs. Hunt is from Sarasota, Florida, and graduated cum laude from the University of Florida with a Bachelor’s degree in Criminology and Law.
More About Corri Hunt
Early on in life, Mrs. Hunt knew she wanted to be an attorney and began working in the legal field while simultaneously pursuing her bachelor’s degree at the University of Florida. Upon graduating, Mrs. Hunt moved to Jacksonville in 2008 to attend Florida Coastal School of Law. While in law school, she worked in the Consumer Law Clinic, where students are certified by the Florida Supreme Court to practice law under a supervising attorney. Mrs. Hunt appeared in court with opposing counsel advocating for consumers in the areas of foreclosures, debt collection harassment, and inaccurate reporting to the credit bureau.
During law school, Mrs. Hunt clerked for Farah & Farah at their Orange Park office, while at the same time maintaining her position on the dean’s list. Having examined the legal process from different vantage points in her career, Mrs. Hunt brings an incredible wealth of experience and knowledge to every case she works on. This translates into her winning track record.
Mrs. Hunt’s approach to practicing injury law is anchored on listening. It’s crucial that she fully understand where her clients are coming from, as well as their issues and concerns. Also, she believes that the best client-attorney relationships are built on respect and understanding, which ultimately leads to the best results.
“Too often I see lawyers treat others like they are better than them, but I’ve been fortunate to learn a lot from my client’s over the years. All of my clients have left a permanent impact on me in one way or another and there are many that I am happy to call a friend after their case has resolved”, says Mrs. Hunt.
Over the years, Mrs. Hunt has handled a lot of cases where fault is difficult to determine and even harder to prove. Through litigation and discovery, Mrs. Hunt has been able to successfully prove liability against the defendant for the majority of these cases. “I truly enjoy fighting for the underdog and bringing justice to those that very much deserve it.”
When Mrs. Hunt was young, she was involved in an accident and cited at-fault solely due to her age and not knowing better. She didn’t have an advocate to speak up for her and did not understand the law back then. “Until this very day, I am unhappy with how that accident was handled and I channel that frustration into making sure it does not happen to my clients.” She encourages anyone who thinks they were treated unfairly, or believe their situation was handled improperly to speak up and ask a lawyer right away.
Outside of the office, Mrs. Hunt enjoys participating in all local community events in and around the St. Augustine area and takes a special interest in coastal conservation and preservation. She can often be found collecting littered trash along St. Augustine Beach and is an advocate for reducing our consumption of single-use plastics. Mrs. Hunt also likes to travel with her husband and their two sons (born in 2017 and 2019). She and her husband have been extremely, fortunately, to have visited over 40 countries. So far, her favorite country is Iceland!
Proud member of
- Florida Bar
- Georgia Bar
- St. John’s County Bar Association
- Jacksonville Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- Florida Trial Lawyers section of the Florida Bar
- University of Florida, Gainesville
- Florida Coastal School of Law, Jacksonville
- Personal Injury
- Auto & Trucking Accidents
- Premises Liability
- Products Liability
- $300,000 win for a client who fell from a second floor due to a faulty railing. When the client came to Farah & Farah, we were his sixth law firm in three years; everyone had turned his case due to issues with the liability. Within three months, Mrs. Hunt was able to obtain the full $300,000 policy limits and was handing the clients a large check. Recounts Mrs. Hunt, “He had five beautiful children and it was right before Christmas. I felt incredibly happy to finally close this matter for him and his family.”
- Confidential, six-figure settlement for a client following a trip over a curb at a storage facility. At the onset of the case, the facility blamed our client for her fall and resultant injuries and denied her claim. Mrs. Hunt hired an expert who pulled building permits that showed the curb our client had tripped over was not permitted. In fact, this curb had been added after the final inspection and was indeed a trip hazard. As a result of Farah & Farah’s efforts, our client had justice and resolution. The facility also made significant modifications to the area to make it safer for future individuals on the premises.