Fort Myers Distracted Driving Lawyer
In the blink of an eye, someone took their focus off the road and now you are paying the price. Farah & Farah understands the frustration and anger you feel when you are struck by a distracted driver. You were paying attention and following the rules of the roadway but because someone else was not, you are facing injuries, lost time from work and trauma.
Our Fort Myers personal injury attorneys want to help you return to life as you knew it before the car accident. We will take on the insurance companies to strive to get your medical bills and other expenses recovered so you can focus on rehabilitation. You don’t have to go through this alone, call us today at (877) 245-6707 for a free and confidential consultation.
How We Can Help
- We will find a doctor to treat and document the injuries you sustained when you were struck by a distracted driver.
- Should you require the use of a rental car we will take care of that for you.
- We will investigate the accident and the circumstances surrounding it- visit the scene, take photos, talk to witnesses.
- Our attorneys will gather and sort through the complex insurance paperwork.
How Much Will an Attorney Cost?
The attorneys at Farah & Farah work on a contingency fee basis. Our fees are only ever collected out of a settlement we win. If we don’t win, you don’t pay so you have nothing to lose.
Florida Laws on Distracted Driving
The distracted driving laws in Florida are usually in favor of the distracted driver. While it is illegal to text and drive, it is also considered a secondary offense. That means if an officer sees someone texting and driving, they can’t pull you over unless they are committing another offense at the same time, such as speeding.
Examples of Distracted Driving
When you hear the term distracted driving, talking and texting is typically comes to mind because cell phone usage does make up a high percentage of distracted driving incidents. Keep in mind, there are other ways in which someone may be distracted while driving, including:
- Adjusting the radio
- Eating, drinking, or smoking
- Picking up something from the floor or between the seats
- Reading (even a map!)
- Reaching for the glove compartment
- Cleaning the inside of the windshield
- Arguing with another passenger
- Combing or brushing your hair
- Breaking up fights between your kids
- Applying makeup
- Putting in your contact lenses or using eye drops
Let the Attorneys at Farah & Farah Find You Peace
When you have been struck by a distracted driver, contact us. The attorneys at Farah & Farah want to help. We know that your life has been turned upside down and want to help you return to calm. Let us get started on your case today. Give us a call at (877) 245-6707 today to get the process started.