No one anticipates a car accident. They just happen. It only takes a split second, a tiny error in judgment, a slight lapse of awareness, and a routine commute can become a nightmare. Many times, automobile accidents are unavoidable. But, other times, they are the result of a driver’s negligent, careless, or wrongful behavior.
If you or a family member has been in a Valdosta car accident, you may be able to pursue compensation for certain damages. To find out if you have a viable case, you need to contact a Valdosta personal injury attorney. Farah & Farah has represented many Georgia car accident victims. We’ve helped many get justice and compensation.
For a free consultation, call Farah & Farah today at 229-471-1676.
The Other Driver was Insured, So I’m Okay
That’s what insurance companies would like you to think. In reality, insurance companies are in the business of making a profit. It’s quite rare that an insurance company will offer you a settlement worthy of your actual loss. Whether it’s the cost of damage to your vehicle, or the expenses incurred in an injury or death, an insurance company will always try to low ball you. They want you to accept their offer.
I Have Uninsured Motorist Insurance, So I’m Okay
Don’t be naive. Your insurance company is like all others: more worried about their bottom line than giving you the settlement you deserve. Never leave you and your family’s well-being in the hands of an insurance company.
Car Accident Damages
If another driver causes the accident you’re involved in, you can pursue compensation for the damages you suffer. These can include the following:
- Property damage and loss
- Current medical bills (including ambulance and emergency room fees)
- Future medical expenses (such as surgeries and chronic pain medications)
- Pain and suffering
- Costs of physical and emotional therapy, and rehabilitation
- Lost wages from missed work
- Loss of career or earning capacity
- Occupational counseling and education costs
- Household and vehicle modification (such as wheelchair lifts and ramps)
- Punitive damages
- Wrongful death damages if you’ve lost a loved one in a car accident
Georgia is a modified comparative negligence state. This means you can only collect damages if you were less than 50 percent at fault in an auto accident. For example, if you were speeding and were hit by drunk driver, the court may decide you were 10 percent at fault while the other driver was 90 percent at fault. You could still sue for damages but might get a little less compensation. The other driver would not be entitled to sue for any damages.
Don’t let another driver’s poor decisions affect you and your family’s future. You need the representation of a Valdosta car accident attorney. Farah & Farah fights for the legal rights of Georgia victims of automobile accidents. Call us today to schedule a free, comprehensive consultation.
Just dial 229-471-1676 to get us on your case.