A statute of limitations is a time limit imposed by law. If anti-coagulant medication Xarelto has caused you or your loved one serious injury, you have a limited amount of time in which to file a lawsuit for damages. If you fail to file within that time period, with certain rare exceptions, your claim for compensation will be forever barred.
The statute of limitations for pharmaceutical product liability claims varies from state to state. In most cases, the time does not begin running until the injured person discovers, or should have discovered, the injury caused by the dangerous drug. If you have been injured by Xarelto, your best course of action is to speak with a Xarelto injury attorney as soon as possible. You may have limited time to file a claim for compensation for the losses you have suffered.
At Farah & Farah, we are currently investigating Xarelto cases nationwide. Our tenacious pharmaceutical litigation attorneys are dedicated to holding drug companies accountable and pursuing compensation for the injured people we represent. When you work with our firm in a claim against the manufacturers of Xarelto, we can help ensure that your lawsuit is filed within the time limit established by law.
Xarelto Side Effects
Xarelto was approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in July 2011. It is marketed as a prescription, blood-thinning medication designed to help prevent stroke in patients with atrial fibrillation (irregular heartbeat), prevent blood clots after knee and hip replacement surgery, and treat and prevent deep vein thrombosis (blood clots in the legs and pelvic region) and pulmonary embolism (blood clots in the lungs). This drug is prescribed to more than 13 million people in the U.S., according to the Xarelto website. Unfortunately, in the relatively short time since it was first released on the market, a number of serious side effects have been linked to Xarelto, including:
- Gastrointestinal bleeding
- Abnormal liver function
- Pulmonary embolism
- Wound leakage
- Severe skin reactions
- Bowel and bladder problems
Compensation for Damages Caused by Xarelto
If Xarelto has caused serious injury to you or someone you love, you may be entitled to seek full and fair compensation under the law for the losses you have suffered. Damages you may be entitled to claim may include:
- Medical expenses, past and future
- Lost wages
- Lost earning potential
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Other losses, depending on the circumstances of your case
Steps in a Xarelto Claim for Compensation
When you turn to our firm for legal assistance with injuries caused by Xarelto, we can evaluate your case and tell you if you have a valid claim. Various steps are involved in the process when you proceed with a lawsuit. Our knowledgeable product liability lawyers can:
- Determine the parties responsible for your injuries: In many cases, Xarelto manufacturers, Bayer and Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc. can be held responsible for injuries caused by this drug. There may be other responsible parties, such as healthcare providers, in some cases.
- Assess the full extent of your damages: Your losses will include medical expenses to date and projected medical expenses in the future, wages or earnings you have lost and will lose in the future because of your injuries, pain and suffering, emotional distress, other losses you have suffered.
- File a lawsuit on your behalf: We can prepare and file your claim for damages in the proper jurisdiction. Our attorneys are currently investigating Xarelto cases nationwide.
- Engage in settlement negotiations: We can negotiate skillfully on your behalf with insurance companies or attorneys representing the other side. Our lawyers are committed to aggressively pursuing full and fair compensation for your injuries.
- Represent you in court. Although we will negotiate skillfully for a favorable settlement, we are not afraid to fight for your rights at trial when necessary. Protecting our clients’ best interests is our top priority.
Knowledgeable Legal Assistance in a Xarelto Claim
At Farah & Farah, our Xarelto attorneys will fight to ensure that big drug companies are brought to justice. When innocent people are injured by dangerous drugs, we don’t believe that they should have to suffer in silence.
If you have been injured by Xarelto, our number one goal is to seek to recover the compensation you deserve for your losses, and hold the manufacturers accountable for the harm their product has caused. Call us today at (800) 533-3555 for a free case consultation with no obligation.