Jacksonville Drunk Driver Accident Attorney
Many accidents involving a drunk driver can be tragic. From the loss of a loved one to the astronomical medical bills and lost wages that result from crippling injuries, the consequences can be devastating and not just for the victims. Multiple lives are shattered when a father, son, mother, daughter, or other relative is severely injured or, worse, dies in a drunk driving accident. It is a pain that never fully subsides.
If you have faced such a tragedy, please contact our office today. We will do everything possible to get you the justice you deserve. To discuss your case with one of our dedicated team members in a free, comprehensive consultation, call 877-245-6707.
Handling All Aspects of Your Florida Case
With over 35 years of experience under our belts, our personal injury lawyers can handle all aspects of your drunk driving accident case – from managing the media in the immediate aftermath of the crash, to gathering supporting evidence, such as medical reports and expert testimony, to improve your chances at a successful case outcome.
The opposing insurance company may employ a legal defense team to refute your claim or offer you a settlement that is less than adequate. Do not talk to the insurance adjuster, do not sign any paperwork, and do not accept any payment without first consulting with an attorney. Hire us and we will protect your interests against the actions of the insurance company, no matter what they throw at you.
Recovering Compensatory and Punitive Damages in Florida
Depending on the circumstances, you may seek two types of damages in your injury or wrongful death drunk driving accident case: compensatory and punitive. Compensatory damages are intended to cover specific losses, such as:
- Medical Expenses – Hospital fees, rehabilitation, transportation, surgery, medication, and any other expenses related to your injury.
- Funeral Expenses – All costs associated with the death of the victim.
- Lost Wages – Wages lost during recovery due to injury.
- Loss of Earning Capacity – If a permanent disability results from a drunk driving accident and the victim loses the ability to perform his/her job as a result, s/he may collect damages based on potential earnings.
- Pain and Suffering – Mental anguish, physical pain, depression, anxiety, etc.
- Other Non-Economic Losses – Loss of consortium, companionship, care, protection, guidance, advice, training, nurturing, and so on.
You may recover punitive damages if and only if the jury finds the conduct of the defendant to have been flagrant and gross, reckless, and wanton or otherwise indifferent to the rights and safety of others. An attorney can help you attain these additional damages by swaying the court in your favor.
Car Accident Attorneys at Farah & Farah – You Can Lean on Us
Recovering from the devastating effects of a drunk driving accident can be a long and hard process, especially alone. Please contact the car accident attorneys at Farah & Farah and let our excellent legal staff attend to your needs and bear some of the burden. If you have any specific questions regarding your case, feel free to contact our office at 877-245-6707.