Tips for Establishing Your Florida Slip and Fall Accident Claim
Slip and fall accidents are some of the most common personal injury claims. This is because they can happen anywhere at anytime. These accidents cause all kinds of injuries, from bumps and bruises to broken bones and even wrongful deaths. To make things worse, many of these situations could have been avoided if another person or company is negligent in maintaining safety of places where people walk.
Property owners have a duty to fix slippery floors, uneven floors, steps that are broken, cluttered floors, and other hazards like ice or snow. Anyone who’s had a slip and fall could be asking the following questions:
Who is liable for my accident?
Can I sue them for my medical bills and pain and suffering?
Farah & Farah can help you get answers to these questions. By bringing a slip and fall case against the people or companies responsible for your injuries you’ll have to prove the following:
- A property owner (or employee) should have recognized and fixed a dangerous condition like a pothole or uneven walking surface, but didn’t.
- A property (or employee) caused a dangerous condition that lead to your slip and fall, like leaving or spilling something on the floor that caused your accident.
Before contacting an experienced Florida personal injury attorney, you must collect some evidence of the scene that led to your injury. This means you need to:
- Inspect Where You Fell: Find out what exactly caused you to go down. Was it ice, snow, a loose piece of carpeting, spilled food or drinks, or uneven concrete? Document what caused the slip and fall and write down your version of events that led to the injury.
- Take Photos: Make sure to document the scene with pictures as soon as you can. Take a lot of pictures of the scene; they’ll help your claim.
- Talk to Witnesses: Make sure to get contact info of anyone who saw your accident or was at the scene. They’ll be able to back-up your claim of what caused your slip and fall.
- Follow Up with Doctors: After any fall, you need to see a doctor. Get a medical report that documents all your injuries. Some injuries may take days or weeks to show symptoms, be sure to document all your doctor visits.
Contact Farah & Farah
Farah & Farah has helped many Florida residents injured in slip and fall situations. We can be there for you and your family. Let us deal with business owners and their insurance companies. You can reach us today at (800) 533-3555.