Orlando Negligent Security Attorney
If you were injured at a business that failed to provide you with a secure environment, you deserve justice. You may be able to file an inadequate or negligent security claim and get financial compensation for your injuries. Property owners can be held legally responsible when they fail to keep their properties safe for visitors.
Call Farah & Farah today at (407) 329-5054 for a free and confidential consultation with our Orlando negligent security lawyer. We’re here to listen to your account of the incident, and help you recover from the emotional and financial hardships that you’ve endured.
What to Expect From Farah & Farah
When you choose Farah & Farah, you can feel confident that you and your recovery are a priority. We will treat you with compassion and fight for your rights every step of the way. Our Orlando personal injury attorneys will handle every detail, so you can focus on recovery. Our team can help in multiple ways, including:
- Finding a doctor to properly treat and document your injury.
- Gathering evidence by performing a comprehensive investigation of the incident.
- Hiring the experts that are needed in your case, no matter the cost.
- Fighting for the maximum possible verdict or settlement.
Elements of an Inadequate Security Claim
A crime victim cannot recover civil damages merely by showing that he or she was injured while on commercial property. Instead, civil liability arises only where it can be proven that a property owner, business proprietor, event sponsor and/or security company failed to exercise reasonable care in providing needed security. The four elements of a viable inadequate security case are as follows:
- The crime victim was a tenant, renter, patron, customer, ticket-holder, employee, or other guest authorized or invited to be on the premises at the time of the crime.
- The defendant either owed a legal or contractual duty to exercise reasonable care to make the premises safe, or the defendant undertook or assumed a duty to provide certain security measures.
- In one or more ways, the defendant negligently failed to satisfy the legal, contractual or assumed duty to provide security measures needed to make the premises reasonably safe.
- The crime or act of violence would not have occurred, or the victim would not have sustained some or all of his injuries had the defendant provided adequate security in a prudent, non-negligent manner.
Inadequate Security Is About More than Security Personnel
Lack of trained security personnel is one factor that can lead to an inadequate security lawsuit, but it’s not the only one. If a business owner or property owner shows negligent behavior that jeopardizes the safety of visitors in any way, it could be grounds for a lawsuit with the help of a negligent security lawyer in Orlando. This includes suffering injuries that were caused by:
- A faulty alarm system.
- Broken locks on doors or windows.
- Poor lighting in parking lots.
- Lack of effective signage.
- Uneven asphalt in parking lots or walkways.
Contact Our Orlando Negligent Security Attorney Today for a Free Consultation
If you were injured because of inadequate security, you may be entitled to compensation for their negligence. We understand that you’re dealing with your injuries, so we’re here to help you feel comfortable and fight on your behalf while you rest.
At Farah & Farah, our negligent security attorneys in Orlando provide representation on a contingency fee basis. There is no risk, and we only collect legal fees when we successfully win your case. Contact us for a free consultation today.