Tampa Car Accident Lawyer
The injuries you experience in a car accident can be life-altering. Whether it’s a minor collision that leads to costly car repairs and medical procedures or a significant accident in which you have sustained a serious injury, your life won’t be the same afterward. At Farah & Farah, our Tampa car accident lawyers understand your stresses and challenges and we’re here to help. As soon as you can make contact, reach out to our seasoned Tampa car accident lawyers. We have been helping people just like you get the compensation they deserve and you won’t pay a dime unless we win. Call (813) 358-0490 today for your no-cost, no-obligation consultation.
How Can Farah & Farah Help Me?
Working with Farah & Farah’s injury attorneys in Tampa, you can focus on your recovery without having to worry about the financial element. We’ll help you calculate the total settlement required for your needs and help you work with insurance companies to ensure your rights are protected while the case is ongoing.
Throughout the process, we’ll be by your side, ready to answer questions and back you with qualified legal guidance. We will:
- Help you find a doctor in the Tampa area who will provide treatment and document your injuries.
- Handle property damage free of charge and secure a rental vehicle.
- Negotiate your medical bills.
- Gather evidence from the accident like camera footage or police reports.
- Handle stacks of confusing paperwork from insurance companies and hospitals.
Common Car Accident Injuries
Injuries sustained in auto accidents can vary in scope but many are severe and life-changing. Some common injuries from car accidents in Tampa include:
- Broken bones and fractures
- Head injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Cuts and lacerations
- Sprains and strains
How Much Is My Car Accident Case Worth?
When investigating Tampa auto accidents, it’s important to note that no two cases are the same. The unique circumstances of each case dictate the outcome and two similar cases can lead to very different results in terms of compensation. It’s the reason it’s so important to work with skilled legal professionals in resolving your case.
There were over 161,000 crashes resulting in injuries in Florida in 2017. If you are injured in one of the many thousands of auto accidents, you require qualified legal guidance from a Tampa car accident lawyer, to achieve the compensation you deserve.
No Fees Unless We Win Your Case
When you turn to Farah & Farah, you can rest assured that we only receive our fees if we win your case. There are never any upfront costs to you. This way, you will know we’re continually working for you as part of a team effort to succeed.
We Have Experience Handling Claims with all Major Insurers
We understand that there are many car accident attorneys in Tampa. However, when you are making your choice, you need to make sure you get an attorney that has experience dealing with all major firms. The team at Farah & Farah has experience dealing with all major carriers, including:
- Bristol West
- State Farm
- Pearl Holding Group
- 21st Century
- Liberty Mutual
- Mercury Insurance
We also have experience dealing with the several smaller insurance companies that work only in Florida, including Florida Farm Bureau Insurance and Florida Peninsula Insurance Company.
We Can Help You Take on the Insurance Companies
Insurance companies are for-profit outfits. This means that they are not going to willingly make large settlements, even if you were not at fault in the crash. At Farah & Farah, we understand how these companies work. They will do what they can to lower a settlement payout. They may even try to blame the incident on you.
As soon as we take your case, we are going to take over all communications between you and the other parties involved. We will investigate the entire incident and ensure all of the evidence is laid out in a way that makes it impossible for the insurance company to deny a settlement.
Damages Available In a Car Accident Case
It is important to understand the types of damages that are available after a car accident. Each case is different, the amount and types of damages an accident victim receives depends on a variety of factors.
The two types of damages available in a car accident are economic damages and non-economic damages.
- Economic damages, also known as special damages, include things that can be assigned a monetary value. This can include:
- Medical bills
- Lost income if you cannot work
- Repairs for your vehicles
- Medical equipment or devices
- Household services you cannot perform
- Compensation for earning capacity, future lost earnings, and future medical care or medical treatment
- Non-economic damages, also known as general damages, include things that are not as easy to assign a monetary value. These damages can be assigned in Florida if a victim’s injuries consist of one or more of the following:
- Significant and permanent loss of a vital bodily function
- Permanent scarring or disfigurement
- Permanent injury
Some damages that are typically recovered include:
- Physical pain damages
- Disability or disfigurement damages
- Mental anguish
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of consortium, which is a separate claim filed by a non-injured spouse for their loss of companionship, support, intimacy, and affection of their partner
Causes of Florida Car Accidents
Florida is a busy place when it comes to vehicle traffic. With plenty of local drivers and millions of out of state, accidents happen. When we look at the statistics from the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV), we can see that there were more than 400,000 total crashes were reported during the latest year of available data. These accidents resulted in:
- 3,116 total fatalities
- 254,310 total injuries
- 20,380 incapacitating injuries
These incidents happen in various ways, but some of the most common causes of Tampa vehicle accidents include:
- Speeding causes more accidents than anything else in the US and Florida. While driving over the speed limit is dangerous, there are times when even the speed limit is too fast. This can include during heavy traffic as well as in inclement weather.
- Impaired driving is always dangerous and includes alcohol, illegal narcotics, prescription medications, and over-the-counter medications. For the latest reporting year in Florida, drunk driving resulted in 374 fatalities and 3,035 injuries and drugged driving resulted in 338 fatalities and 589 injuries.
- Distracted driving can be just as dangerous as impaired driving. This can include looking at a cell phone to text or email, talking on the phone, eating, putting on makeup, and more.
- Inclement weather can be dangerous, and driving should be avoided. If drivers are out in bad weather, they should adjust their speed accordingly.
- Young and inexperienced drivers simply do not have as much experience behind the wheel and are more likely to get into a serious crash than are experienced drivers.
- Vehicle failure can happen as a result of a poorly maintained vehicle. This can include tires being driven with worn-down tread.
What to do After a Car Accident in Tampa
If you have been in a car accident, the number one thing you need to do is seek medical attention for anyone who is injured. Call 911 to ensure that police and EMS are on the way to the scene.
- Seek medical treatment as soon as you can, even if you do not take the ambulance to the hospital. Some signs and symptoms of injuries do not manifest themselves until hours or days after a crash occurs. By seeking medical treatment soon after a crash, you are taking care of yourself and establishing that your injuries occurred due to the crash.
- Gather as much evidence as you can at the scene of the crash. If you have a camera or a smartphone, take photographs of the damage, injuries, causes of the crash, etc. Get the names and contact information of any eyewitnesses to the crash. Make sure to get the insurance information from all drivers involved and ask the police how to obtain a copy of the police report.
- Report the accident to your insurance company, but be careful what you say to them. Simply reporting the incident on the first phone call is all you need to do. Never say more than you have to and stick to the facts of the case. Anything you say to the insurance carrier or an adjuster will be written down, possibly recorded, and used against you.
- Follow all medical treatment plans prescribed by your doctor. This includes going to all follow-up visits, physical therapy, rehabilitation, etc.
- Consider calling a qualified attorney as soon as you have time to do so. There is no pressure to hire one right away, but a free consultation would not hurt. Letting someone who is experienced in these matters examine the case may help you understand the path moving forward.
Why it’s Important to Act Swiftly After a Car Accident in Tampa
When you or a loved one have been injured in a car accident, the aftermath can be stressful. The sooner you seek medical treatment and speak with an attorney about what happened, the better. A qualified and experienced Tampa car accident attorney is going to ensure you are treated fairly and that you recover as quickly as possible. If the insurance carrier does not offer a fair settlement, it may be necessary to file a personal injury lawsuit against the at-driver and their insurance carrier. These cases can become complex and could take some time to investigate.
Failing to get this process going as soon as possible could negatively affect your case. Time is crucial, and your attorney will make sure that no mistakes are made and that no deadlines are missed. You need compensation, and there is no reason to delay the process.
Do I Need a Car Accident Lawyer in Tampa?
We understand the many challenges you face after your auto accident and we’re to help you examine your legal avenues and offer emotional support. We can’t take away the pain, but we can help you recover the damages you deserve to make your recovery as easy as possible. Call now for your free, no-obligation consultation.