Highway Construction Zone Accident Attorney in Jacksonville
Construction zones present some of the most challenging and dangerous areas for drivers and workers on Florida roads. With so much going on and the roadways narrowed or modified to accommodate the work being done, accidents do happen.
A serious accident in a construction zone can lead to lifelong physical and emotional issues that can put you in a terrible financial hole. If you’ve been injured in a construction zone by someone else’s negligence, you can file a lawsuit to recover compensation for what has happened to you.
At Farah & Farah, our Jacksonville construction accident lawyers understand what you’ve been through. You‘ve been hurt through no fault of your own and you need answers. Contact our experienced injury attorneys today at (904) 549-6434 today for a free consultation and find out how we can help.
Common Causes of Accidents in Construction Zones
Accidents in construction zones can have a number of different causes and injuries can range from something as simple as cuts and bruises to something as catastrophic as permanent paralysis.
Here are some of the common reasons for accidents in construction zones:
- Ignoring posted road signs
- Distracted driving/texting while driving
- Unsecured construction equipment
- Workers not wearing reflective gear
- Poor road conditions
- Lanes may be narrowed, leaving drivers less room to maneuver
- Lane markings may be covered with debris
- Road debris
- Lack of signage
How Can We Help?
- Send investigators to the scene to identify dangerous conditions and potential hazards at the construction site.
- Locate a good doctor for treatment and to document your injuries
- Get you a rental car, if needed
- Go over and complete all the paperwork so you don’t have to
- Get prescriptions reimbursed from insurance companies
- Work with health insurance providers to cover your medical bills
Construction Zone Safety Tips
Construction zones can be extremely dangerous for drivers and workers. In many cases, the roads have been temporarily altered and it’s crucial to adjust your driving accordingly. Protect yourself and others by driving defensively and keeping these tips in mind:
- Keep your eyes on the road and off your phone
- Keep to the posted speed limit
- Pay attention to road conditions
- Obey construction signs telling you what to do
- Watch the brake lights of the vehicle ahead of you
- Watch out for construction workers
- Merge before getting to a lane closure
- Follow at a safe distance
- Be patient and take your time
It’s Important to Make Your Claim Right Away
In Florida, you have four years to make a valid personal injury claim from the time of the incident in question. If you’re worried about filing due to legal fees, you don’t need to worry. Farah & Farah understands your circumstances aren’t ideal and will not charge you upfront costs. You only pay when your attorney wins your case or reaches a settlement.
Farah & Farah Will Give You Immediate Relief
We know that you’re going through a tough time and we will always approach your case with compassion and take the time to get to know you as a person. Contact Farah & Farah now and let us fight for your rights.