What to Do After Your Car Accident in Jacksonville
Jacksonville’s Leading Car Accident Law Firm
Jacksonville is such a wonderful city to live, work, and play with its blend of big city, charming country, and laid-back beachy. With all there is to do around one of the U.S.’s largest cities by land mass, traveling for a solid few minutes on a given day becomes a necessity just to get around. Throw in the long commutes from many living in growing adjacent counties means Jacksonville’s streets and highways are busier than ever.
With so much traffic, the chances for car accidents between vehicles, pedestrians, cyclists, and even autonomous vehicles are simply greater. Accidents are very unsettling times but the steps you take immediately after a car accident can greatly strengthen your auto accident case.
What Areas of Jacksonville Have the Most Car Accidents?
According to the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles, Duval County averages more than 24,000 crashes each year, with more than half of those resulting in injuries. One of the most accident-prone areas of town is on Jacksonville’s Southside with one intersection in particular having many crashes each year at Beach Boulevard and St. Johns Bluff Road. Other areas like Baymeadows Road and Phillips Highway, Atlantic and Hodges, and Philips Highway and Emerson are all problematic areas. On the Westside, the intersection of Cecil Commerce Parkway, Argyle Forest, and Oakleaf Plantation is particularly crash prone.
All of these areas of Jacksonville have a lot of growth and a lot of traffic. With three busy interstate highways in I-95, I-10, and I-295, the proximity to a major highway is never far from any of these heavily-trafficked thoroughfares.
Unsafe Conditions in Popular Jacksonville Destination Spots
The development of the Jacksonville Town Center and a growing university population around UNF means the Southside towards the Beaches is an incredibly well-traveled area of town. The Town Center relies on a concept of outdoor shopping with parking planned for the periphery. However, as this development has grown into an increasingly-dense mix of shops, restaurants, hotels, and apartments, getting around the Town Center on foot can be quite a trek. Moreover, construction, changing traffic patterns, and crosswalks that aren’t always well marked means that all visitors to the area must be extremely diligent just to get around safely.
Filing a Car Accident Claim with the Help of Our Jacksonville Accident Attorneys
Farah and Farah has been a staple in Jacksonville since 1979. We love calling the River City home and consider it an honor and a privilege to represent our fellow citizens with legal services that get results.
After a car accident, you can be left hurt and confused but it’s important to try and capture as much information while still on-scene as possible. The more information you are able to gather here, the stronger our accident attorneys’ case for you can be. Although it can be difficult, try to remember to at least run through a couple after-accident actions like:
- Seeing a Doctor after Your Car Accident – even if you don’t feel like the accident was all that serious, you should at least get checked out by a medical professional. Keep all of your records and receipts from any visits.
- Calling JSO to Report Your Accident – the officer-on-scene from the Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office (JSO) will issue a traffic incident report. Make sure to request a copy of this report for your records.
- Taking Pictures of the Scene – if you’re able, start taking pictures of as many angles of the crash scene as possible. Try to capture the driving conditions, where the vehicles were coming and going to, damages, and any other details.
- Getting Contact Information from Witnesses – see if anyone saw the accident and try to get their contact information in case their account is needed later in your case.
- Starting your claim with the leading car accident lawyer in Jacksonville – the entire process for getting you everything that was taken in the accident can be daunting. An accident attorney becomes your advocate, seeking every penny you’re entitled to after your accident and taking the burden of handling all the details so you can focus on recovery.
From the very first accident consultation through getting to provide our clients their claim money after a successful case, we take what we do seriously and will work tirelessly to make sure your best interests are always protected in every aspect of your car accident claim.
When to Hire a Car Accident Lawyer in Jacksonville
A car accident lawyer serves as your advocate in a car accident case. They take on the burden of dealing with insurance companies and medical offices to negotiate the best way to make you whole again. When you’ve been hurt, insurance companies can be quick to try to get you to sign a release but this is never advisable. Always let an experienced injury lawyer review the offer and craft a response that protects your best interests and seeks the maximum compensation you’re entitled to under Florida law.
Speak to an Accident Attorney About Your Case
Car accidents can leave you hurt, your property damaged, and your life upended in an instant. When you’re going through some of the hardest moments in your life, you can trust our accident attorneys to be right by your side every step of the way. Schedule a time to talk to a trusted and experienced car accident attorney in Jacksonville now. We’ll meet however is most comfortable for you – whether that’s via telephone or chat or by heading to our office in downtown Jacksonville. Call us at (904) 549-6434, or click here for directions.