The FDA approved Zofran for public use, then issued warnings in 2011 and 2012 and recalled the 32 mg intravenous dosage because of the risk of adverse effects to the heart’s electrical activity and abnormal, potentially fatal, heart rhythms. Recent research has connected a 30% increased risk for birth defects and a doubled risk of infant heart defects and cleft palate with this drug when taken during early pregnancy.
Many parents of infants who have suffered birth defects because of Zofran have already filed lawsuits against the manufacturer, pharmaceutical giant GlaxoSmithKline. The U.S. Department of Justice won a multi-billion dollar settlement of a lawsuit against the company in 2012 for alleged doctor kickbacks and improper promotion of “off-label” use of Zofran during pregnancy.
Legal precedents are favorable to claimants seeking compensation for harm caused by Zofran. Damages you may be entitled to claim include past, present, and future medical expenses, disability-related home modifications, loss of earning potential, and emotional pain and suffering. However, this type of case can be extremely complex and should be handled by a legal professional, well-versed in product liability law.
If you or your infant has been one of the unfortunate people harmed by Zofran, it is in your best interests to speak with a knowledgeable Zofran attorney as soon as possible. At Farah & Farah, we focus our practice on representing people who have been injured by dangerous drugs, and we are currently accepting Zofran cases nationwide.
Reasons to Hire a Zofran Lawyer to Represent You
You have nothing to lose when you come to our firm for help with your Zofran injuries claim, and there are several good reasons to retain our services, including:
- Justice: Big pharmaceutical companies should be held accountable for the harm they cause by releasing their products for use by the general public – FDA approval notwithstanding – before sufficient testing has been conducted to ensure that these products are not dangerous. Other responsible parties, such as testing laboratories and even doctors in some cases, should also be held accountable.
- Compensation: Serious medical conditions can be expensive. Among other things, they may involve doctor and hospital bills, prescription drug costs, and lost wages, in addition to the pain and suffering they cause. Birth defects and other serious health problems caused by Zofran may require years of medical treatment, time and expense, for which you and your family deserve to be compensated. Hiring a knowledgeable pharmaceutical litigation attorney to handle your claim can make all the difference in the outcome of your case and the compensation you and your family receives.
- Level the Playing Field: Big drug manufacturers such as GlaxoSmithKline have extensive resources, including teams of lawyers to defend them against product liability claims. For your best chance of obtaining justice and compensation for injuries suffered because of a dangerous drug, you need outstanding representation by a law firm that focuses its practice on personal injury claims.
- Results: If you are seeking compensation for harm you or a family member suffered from taking Zofran, a tenacious product liability attorney on your side can make all the difference in the outcome of your case. At Farah & Farah, helping people who have been harmed by dangerous drugs is what we do. When you work with our firm, you can rest assured that you will have a skilled and dedicated legal advocate in your corner.
- No Fees Upfront: We handle our Zofran cases on a contingency fee basis. That means that you pay us no fees until we recover compensation for you. Your initial consultation with our knowledgeable Zofran lawyer is free of charge, and we can let you know at that time what your legal options are.
Who We Are and What We Do
We don’t agree that corporate profits should come before personal safety. We don’t believe that drugs and medical devices should be brought to the market before they are extensively and completely tested to ensure their safety.
At Farah & Farah, we fight to bring pharmaceutical companies to justice and to recover full and fair compensation for our clients. Our practice is focused on representing people who have been injured by dangerous drugs and devices.
Our Zofran lawyers are committed to fighting relentlessly for our clients who have been harmed by this dangerous drug. If you or your loved one has been harmed by Zofran, you may be entitled to file a claim for compensation. Contact us today at (800) 533-3555 for a free consultation to find out about your options under the law.