Legal Representation for Victims of Pickup Truck Collisions
Floridians love their pick up trucks. People all over the Sunshine State use their pick ups for our jobs, our commutes to work and to school, and to run various errands. We also pile into the pick up for pleasure: going to the movies, to the beach, or on vacation. But, driving or riding in a truck can be dangerous. When you or a family member has been injured in a pick up truck accident, you may be able to pursue compensation for your losses and injuries.
If you suspect that negligence or careless driving on the part of the other party caused your pick up truck accident, you need to contact an experienced Jacksonville truck accident attorney. Farah & Farah has represented Florida accident victims for years. It’s our mission to stand up for the rights of the injured against drivers and their large insurance companies only concerned with making a profit.
Call a personal injury attorney at Farah & Farah for a free consultation today at (800) 553-3555.
Motor Vehicle Accident Statistics
The following statistics were reported by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). They paint a vivid picture of just how dangerous driving or riding in any motor vehicle can be:
- Vehicle accidents are the leading cause of death in the United States, for people under the age of 35.
- Vehicle accidents are one of the most common causes of personal injury for people of all ages in the United States.
- Approximately six million motor vehicle accidents occur each year in the United States.
- Approximately 2.6 million people are injured each year in motor vehicle accidents in this country.
- There are over 30,000 motor vehicle occupants killed in traffic accidents in the U.S. annually.
- 55 percent of those killed were not wearing restraints.
- 28 percent of those killed were ejected from the vehicle.
- 28 percent of people who died in accidents were occupying pick up trucks
- Alcohol was involved in 41 percent of fatal accidents and nine percent of all injury accidents in 2006.
- There are nearly 20,000 alcohol-related vehicle accident fatalities in the U.S. annually, which amounts to about one every 30 minutes.
Pickup Truck Accident Facts
- Pickup truck occupants are three times more likely to be involved in rollover crashes than in other types of vehicles. This appears to be due to a pickup truck’s lopsided weight distribution.
- Due to a pickup’s lopsided weight distribution, rear wheel drive pickups tend to trouble gaining traction on slipper roads.
- Studies show that only 69 percent of pickup truck occupants in pickups wear safety belts, compared to 81 percent of passenger car occupants and 83 percent of SUV and van occupants.
- Full sized pickup trucks tend to weigh more than cars, making them take longer to come to a stop.
- Due to their heavy suspension, pickup trucks can be less nimble and maneuverable.
Compensation for Damages in Jacksonville Truck Accidents
As the above facts show, pick up trucks can be dangerous machines. If you’ve been injured or lost a loved one in a Jacksonville truck accident, you may be able to pursue any of the following damages:
- Current medical bills
- Future medical bills resulting from the initial injury (reconstructive surgeries, skin grafts, etc.)
- Pain and suffering
- Lost wages due to missed work
- Loss of career or earning potential
- Costs of physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Permanent injury or disability
- Home and vehicle modifications
- Wrongful death damages
Get Help from a Jacksonville Pickup Truck Accident Lawyer
To ensure that you and your family get the compensation you deserve, contact the legal team at Jacksonville’s Farah & Farah. We previously secured a $2.5 million settlement for the driver of an automobile that was hit by a pickup truck. Let us help you next.
Call Farah & Farah today for a free consultation 855-797-9899.