Jacksonville Personal Injury Lawyers
Personal Injury Videos
- Proving Your Case
- Why I Became a Personal Injury Lawyer
- Why We Wrote the Book
- Getting Medical Treatment
- Compensation for Injured Clients in Florida
- Contingency Fees
- Damages You Are Entitled To After Being In An Accident
- Determining the Value of a Florida Personal Injury Claim
- Florida Alcohol Liability Law
- Florida Good Samaritan Law & Your Legal Responsibilities
- How Insurance Companies Deny Legitimate Florida Personal Injury Claims
- Pre-Litigation State
- Social Networks Can Wreck Your Florida Personal Injury Case
- Soft Tissue Injuries
- Video Surveillance Can Affect the Value of Your Case
- Why Investigators are Important in a Florida Personal Injury Case
- What’s Involved in Investigating a Florida Pedestrian Accident?
At Farah & Farah, our name is synonymous with outstanding legal work. We fight for the rights of injured victims in Jacksonville and throughout Northeast Florida. We have an impressive track record of success, and have recovered many multi-million dollar settlements and verdicts for our clients in a wide range of personal injury matters. Injured? We can help.
Our Jacksonville lawyers have been practicing law for more than 35 years. We have the knowledge, skills, and resources to handle personal injury matters, and to stand up to large insurance companies with deep pockets and teams of attorneys. We will fight aggressively to protect the rights and interests of those we represent. We are completely relentless in pursuing full and fair compensation.
Accidents and Injuries Caused by Negligence
Accidents and injuries happen, and unfortunately, they are far too often due to an act of negligence. Careless, distracted, or intoxicated drivers, negligent healthcare providers, and manufacturers of dangerous drugs and products cause injuries and untold suffering to unsuspecting people on a daily basis.
According to the Insurance Information Institute (III), 32,675 people were killed and an estimated 2.3 million were injured in motor vehicle crashes in the U.S. in 2014. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reports 31 million emergency room visits and 130,557 deaths a year from unintentional injuries in the U.S. Medical errors are the third leading cause of death in the U.S., exceeded only by cancer and heart disease.
Don’t worry about your bills, we’ll take care of the medical bills and everything. And he did.
Our Mission is Achieving Justice for Personal Injury Victims
Although we cannot always control other peoples’ actions, we can hold them accountable through the civil justice system for the harm their actions cause. Individuals who have suffered serious personal injury caused by someone else’s negligence have the right to seek compensation in a claim for damages.
Proving a Personal Injury Claim in Florida
To establish a claim for personal injury and recover compensation, certain elements must be proved by the injured party:
- The responsible party had a duty to the victim and failed in that duty;
- The responsible party’s negligence caused the victim’s injuries; and
- The victim suffered damages.
A physician, for example, has a duty to perform at an acceptable standard of care in providing healthcare services to a patient. When a negligent doctor commits preventable medical errors, performing outside of that standard of care, and the patient suffers serious injuries with long-term health consequences as a result, the patient may have a valid medical malpractice claim for damages.
Florida Automobile Accident Claims
Florida is a no-fault automobile insurance state. Every motorist is required to carry personal injury protection (PIP) insurance. When an accident occurs, no matter who is at fault, each party’s damages are covered by his or her own insurance company.
However, serious automobile accident injuries are the exception. You may file a civil lawsuit for damages for injuries sustained in a crash if you have suffered:
- Permanent injury within a reasonable degree of medical probability;
- Loss of a significant bodily function;
- Permanent and significant scarring or disfigurement; or
- Death (in the case of the loss of a loved one).
Damages in Florida Personal Injury Claims
The damages you will be able to claim in a personal injury lawsuit depend on the losses you have suffered. Our Jacksonville personal injury lawyers have the knowledge and resources to assess the full extent of your injuries. Depending on the circumstances in your case, you may be able to recover:
- Economic damages, including past and future medical expenses, lost wages, lost future earnings, and property damage;
- Non-economic damages, such as pain and suffering, disability, disfigurement, loss of capacity for enjoyment of life, loss of consortium (marital relations), and mental anguish; and
- Punitive damages (designed to punish the responsible party for misconduct and deter similar conduct in the future) in certain cases, such as drunk driving and texting-related accidents.
Legal Help for Injury Victims in Jacksonville
At Farah & Farah, we have been protecting the rights and interests of injured people since 1979. Our Jacksonville personal injury attorneys have recovered substantial settlements and verdicts for our clients in a range of personal injury matters, including car accidents, truck accidents, motorcycle accidents, medical malpractice, workplace injuries, and premises liability accidents. We are currently investigating dangerous drug and medical device cases nationwide.
It is important to act quickly in personal injury matters. An investigation should be conducted as soon as possible so evidence to support your claim can be obtained and secured. Statutes of limitation (time limits imposed by law) apply in personal injury civil lawsuits. If you or your loved one has suffered serious injury as a result of someone else’s negligence, do not delay. Contact us for a free case evaluation. When we handle your case, you pay us nothing until we recover compensation for you. Call (904) 263-4610 to discuss your case with us.