File an Auto Accident Claim
If you are involved in one of the 250,000 vehicle accidents the Florida Department of Motor Vehicles estimates there are each year in the Sunshine State, you may have suffered serious physical and financial injury. While such injuries are never welcome, they are even more annoying when they are due to the reckless or negligent behavior of another party. While the at-fault party’s insurance may cover some of the expenses you’ve incurred in the accident, chances are it won’t cover them all.
The minimum amount of personal injury protection and property damage liability a Florida driver is required to carry is only $10,000. Medical bills from even a simple broken bone will eat up a big chunk of that amount, and much more if surgery is required. And when you count lost income while you’re recovering, someone else’s careless behavior can put you under a mountain of debt. Fortunately, accident victims do have some recourse in terms of recovering their losses by filing a personal injury claim. But no one, especially an insurance company, is going to just hand you a check to cover your bills, you’re going to have to fight for it.
Better yet, you can have a Jacksonville Beach accident lawyer fight the insurance company for you. The attorneys at Farah & Farah have been successfully representing area car accident victims since 1979. Farah & Farah will use their more than 35 years of experience to get you the settlement you deserve. Call (904) 834-4043 today for a free consultation.
Who Can Be Held Liable for a Car Accident in Jacksonville Beach?
A number of parties can potentially be held liable for a car accident, depending on the causes of the particular accident. Potential liable parties may include:
- The driver of another vehicle
- The passenger of another vehicle
- The owner of another vehicle
- The employer of the driver of another vehicle
- The manufacturer of a vehicle
- The manufacturer of a faulty vehicle part
- The entity responsible for designing and maintaining the roadway where the accident occurred
Compensation for Damages in a Car Accident
If you’ve been in a car accident caused by another party, you may be eligible for compensation for any of the following damages:
- Property damage or loss
- Current medical bills
- The cost of future medical treatments related to your injury
- Pain and suffering
- Permanent injury or disability
- Costs of physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Cost of household and vehicle modifications (wheelchair ramps, lifts, etc.)
- Mental duress and emotional anguish
- Lost wages from missed work
- Loss of career or earning capacity
- Diminished earning capacity
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Loss of a limb
- Hedonic damages for loss of joy of life
- Punitive damages
Compensation for Wrongful Death
In the tragic and unfortunate event that you have lost a loved one in a motor vehicle accident, you and your family may be able to pursue compensation for any of the following damages:
- Property damage and loss
- Burial and funeral expenses
- Medical bills
- Pain and suffering of the deceased before they died
- Loss of future income
- Loss of future benefits (such as retirement benefits and medical benefits)
- Loss of love, affection, companionship, guidance, marital consortium, etc.
- Loss of household duties the deceased performed (such as childcare, accounting, chores, property and vehicle maintenance, etc.)
- Punitive damages
How Much Does it Cost to File a Jacksonville Beach Car Accident Lawsuit?
If your car accident lawsuit is handled by the Jacksonville Beach injury attorneys at Farah & Farah, you will pay absolutely no upfront costs. Farah & Farah only charges a fee once the case is closed and you’ve received a settlement that you are satisfied with. If we don’t get you a settlement, you don’t pay.
Experience and Results
The legal team at Farah & Farah has a proven track record of success, routinely securing settlements of over $1 million for our clients. Farah & Farah is no newcomer when it comes to representing car accident victims. We have over 35 years of experience under our belts and we are eager to put that experience to work on your claim. The time to protect your future is now. Call the Jacksonville Beach offices of Farah & Farah today at (904) 834-4043 for a free, comprehensive case evaluation.