Jacksonville Business Valuation Divorce Attorneys
Business Valuation in a Florida Divorce
Dividing a business in a divorce is an incredibly complex undertaking that requires the assistance of a legal professional. If you are currently facing divorce, it is highly recommended that you get in touch with the experienced Jacksonville family law attorneys at Farah & Farah to get your business properly valuated. Only then will you ensure that you get your fair share of an asset in which you have invested so much of your time and effort.
Don’t delay in contacting our firm. Our line is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Pick up the phone and call us now at (904) 263-4610 or (800) 533-3555.
The Three Standards of Business Valuation in Florida
Depending on the state of your business and the desires of you and your spouse, a valuation specialist may value your business based on one of the following technical standards:
- Income based – Value is calculated based on the net income of the business, the expected net income in the near future, and current market conditions. Generally, this approach is imprecise and involves a lot of guesswork.
- Asset based – This is the most appropriate approach for a business that is being liquidated. The sale value of the business’ assets on the open market is totaled to determine the value.
- Market based – The valuation analyst searches for "comps" – similar businesses for sale or recently sold on the open market – to determine value. S/he may also use the other two methods to hone in on a more accurate result. This is probably the fairest method out of the three.
A Team of Reliable Experts
At Farah & Farah, we don’t just have a renowned legal team of highly accomplished family law attorneys, but we also consult a network of professional business appraisers with formal credentials in addition to:
- Multiple years of experience testifying in both family law and non-family law settings;
- Excellent proficiency in writing up case reports that may be accepted as evidence in court; and
- Specialized knowledge in a variety of business subjects.
With their help, we can perform a cash flow analysis, cross examine the opposing expert, draft a comparison schedule of both valuation reports, and perform other necessary business valuation services.
Looking Out for Your Interests in a Trying Time
Whether you are leaning towards settling your dispute or taking the fight all the way to the end, it is absolutely vital that you have an attorney by your side who knows how to think like a business owner. The attorneys at Farah & Farah are experienced in dividing businesses and defending business owners. We are confident that we can be of special help to you throughout your divorce. To learn more about your rights and legal options, contact our office today.