If you have been injured or developed an illness while on the job, and your employer is legally required to have workers’ compensation insurance, you are entitled to receive those benefits, no matter what the cause or who was at fault. Unfortunately, many workers find that their rightful benefits are minimized or outright denied by unscrupulous insurance companies. With the Daytona Beach workers’ compensation attorneys at Farah & Farah, you’ll get the help you need to find success in your claim. Call (386) 456-333 for a free consultation and no fee representation.
Steps to Secure Workers’ Comp Benefits
First and foremost, if you have been involved in an injury accident while at work and performing your work duties, seek medical attention right away. In the event that you have developed an injury, such as back pain due to lifting heavy items on a daily basis or carpal tunnel syndrome from typing on a keyboard for years, get medical help as soon as you become aware of the damage. It is recommended that you take the following steps to file a workers’ comp claim:
- Speak with your employer. Report the incident within at least 30 days of the injury or illness or upon discovery of the injury or illness. Your employer must then file the appropriate paperwork with their workers’ compensation insurance provider.
- See an approved doctor. Your employer will provide you with a list of designated medical providers for you to pick from in order to evaluate your injuries or illness.
- Contact a Daytona Beach Workers’ Compensation Lawyer. The workers’ comp system can be complex and a reliable attorney can help you meet the various deadlines and requirements necessary to support your claim.
Do I Qualify for Workers’ Compensation in Daytona Beach?
In order to qualify for compensation under Florida law, your work-related accident must meet one of the following requirements:
- The injury, illness or disability occurred as a result of your job and while you were performing your job duties.
- You gave your employer a written notice of the incident that caused your injury or illness within 30 days of when it happened or the harm was discovered.
- You have a medical report that states your injury, illness, or disability was caused by a work-related accident or condition.
Unfortunately, even if it is apparent to you that your injuries qualify for compensation, it is not uncommon for employers or their insurance providers to dispute a valid workers’ comp claim. You will need to gather evidence and build a case proving that you deserve financial assistance for as long as necessary.
Do I Need a Daytona Beach Workers’ Compensation Attorney to File a Claim?
Over the past several years, states have dramatically cut workers’ compensation benefits and set up numerous roadblocks and limitations to reduce the financial cost of work injuries. An injured worker may be eligible for thousands of dollars in financial support, but actually receiving full and fair coverage is another story.
The dedicated legal team at Farah & Farah has extensive experience handling workers’ compensation claims and will guide you through the process with the information and insight you need for success. We will represent your claim and fight to keep your employer and their insurer honest. Contact the Daytona Beach workers’ compensation lawyers at our firm at (386) 267-6921 for a free case evaluation today.