For the most part, it appears that Florida dodged a bullet with Tropical Storm Isaac. However, in the days leading up to the storm’s anticipated landfall, personal injury attorney Eddie Farah noticed that the Miami-Dade Health Department was warning the public about an invisible, potentially deadly, hazard that had nothing to do with wind, rain, or flooding.
The warning concerned the improper use of generators and the threat of carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning. Many people simply don’t know that running a gas-powered appliance or a charcoal or gas grill in an enclosed area can make them sick, or even kill them. Read the rest »